Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Cork is practically the coldest place in Europe!
    FFS :/
    We're cursed.

You could be in Iceland;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

We've got some sunshine again and the temperature's back at 22.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

38.1c at Cambridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Phoenix park was the warmest place in Ireland again yesterday according to met Éireann website, 24.9 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just awful here the last couple of days. Thank goodness this is the last day of the heat- currently 37c. So it looks like the 2003 all time record won't be broken afterall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Cork airport the coldest place in Ireland yesterday with a max of 18. Grim

Just awful here the last couple of days. Thank goodness this is the last day of the heat- currently 37c. So it looks like the 2003 all time record won't be broken afterall

It does look like it will fall just shy of the record. Would have to think this time of day the temp will start to drop slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sryanbruen wrote: »
    38.1c at Cambridge.
    :eek: 38c in Celbridge!
    edit: oh .... its Cambridge...

It does look like it will fall just shy of the record. Would have to think this time of day the temp will start to drop slowly.

Yes i would think so. The cloud cover, associated with the isolated thunderstorms, may have scuppered the chances of it being broken in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It's surprisingly gusty in cork city actually.

Still cloudy however along with about 18 degree temperatures. Come on sun!

Don’t forget there’s climate stations to consider too that don’t report in real time so there might have at least been one that recorded a higher temp than 38.1c. This was the case with the 2003 record when Kew Gardens got 38.1c but it was later revealed that Faversham got to 38.5c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

No interest to be honest in England's temperatures or weather,its a foreign country and should in my opinion be in a thread for foreign countries weather
    People in my opinion should be discussing Irish summer here

Mortelaro wrote: »
    No interest to be honest in England's temperatures or weather,its a foreign country and should in my opinion be in a thread for foreign countries weather

There is a lot of interest in the thread for international weather extremes and holiday reports. So clearly other people are interested in the weather outside Ireland

Also don't you view and post on Netweather sometimes? Why do you bother viewing that website at all, if you only have interest in Irish weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Looks like Mt's forecast for today proved more accurate than Kermit's in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

lawred2 wrote: »
    Looks like Mt's forecast for today proved more accurate than Kermit's in the end

Despite mainly cloud, it did get to 24.2°c here in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

They are our closest neighbour.
    We share a largely similar climate.
    Most if not all of us on here have family and/or friends living and working over there.
    We watch their weather forecasts.
    We speak their language.
    We go running to them with our begging bowl every time self described 'experts' **** up the economy.. then suddenly become very cocky when the bread is all eaten up...

New Moon

Met office saying temps now dipping, 38.1 was the highest so it looks like all time UK record of 38.5 not hit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Met office saying temps now dipping, 38.1 was the highest so it looks like all time UK record of 38.5 not hit

Proof that man made climate change is a conspiracy

Watched a bit of the UK Met live stream earlier and it was really just about how 'climate change' is causing more of these heatwaves, fair enough, but are the equally as large negative anomalies that are forecast to move down into NE Europe next week a result of the same? Or is this more about opportunism?

New Moon

• Advertisement

It's kinda scary at this stage. But apart from the heatwaves we had record low temps and frost in central Europe around 10th July! So at both ends of the spectrum.

What annoys me is no mention of the cold in the mainstream media. That's equally bizarre. I suppose somewhere having an hour of air frost in July isn't as newsworthy as the record breaking heat. But they should present the full picture.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Watched a bit of the UK Met live stream earlier and it was really just about how 'climate change' is causing more of these heatwaves, fair enough, but are the equally as large negative anomalies that are forecast to move down into NE Europe next week a result of the same? Or is this more about opportunism?

Yes in the world we live in, with so many agendas, it's frustrating when all information isn't given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

There is a lot of interest in the thread for international weather extremes and holiday reports. So clearly other people are interested in the weather outside Ireland
    7 0r 8 people isn't a lot but I think it's a pity to be obsessed with mother Englands weather
    Enjoy our own is my motto
    Also don't you view and post on Netweather sometimes? Why do you bother viewing that website at all, if you only have interest in Irish weather?
    You can post on netweather you know about Irish weather you know which is what I do,rarely
    I've no interest in the weather in London or Cardiff unless I'm going there
    It's all wow that's the loudest thunder ever when it probably isn't or wah wah wah its missing my village of runny on the mead..
    Gets boring
    Where my interest is piqued is if I think weather there or Europe is heading this way
    Only a glancing passing interest in foreign countries like England otherwise I'm afraid unless obviously theres a disaster or deaths or something

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I was surprised to see that the highest ever recorded temperature in the United Kingdom is 38.5° C. I would have thought they would have had a touch of 40° sometime in their history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another disappointing day all in all. Windy cloudy 20 degrees spots of rain very odd glimpse of sun.

flazio wrote: »
    I was surprised to see that the highest ever recorded temperature in the United Kingdom is 38.5° C. I would have thought they would have had a touch of 40° sometime in their history.

I am surprised they are as high as 38 to be honest, north west Europe gets pretty poor weather to the main extent. Really you need to be on the continent landmass to get reliable warm summers each year. Only exception maybe is Belgium, Holland and northern France that are also not that warm (this week an exception of course). Really you can draw a line from Paris and Berlin and south of that and they always seem on a different level in terms of heat vs anything in UK and Ireland.

Netherlands and Belgium both went over 40 degrees today and Germany got up near 43. Not sure what Paris reached in the end but I think it was around 43 degrees

Not sure what Paris reached in the end but I think it was around 43 degrees
    The most recent update I had seen in the afternoon showed 42.6c as the high in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I am surprised they are as high as 38 to be honest, north west Europe gets pretty poor weather to the main extent. Really you need to be on the continent landmass to get reliable warm summers each year. Only exception maybe is Belgium, Holland and northern France that are also not that warm (this week an exception of course). Really you can draw a line from Paris and Berlin and south of that and they always seem on a different level in terms of heat vs anything in UK and Ireland.

You have an odd obsession with playing down the UK's climate and playing up Paris and Dublin, almost every one of your posts has some reference to one of the three :pac:

Back here, dark and windy as always though feeling warm so can't complain too much, think we've been getting the best of the weather up here this week

• Advertisement

You can post on netweather you know about Irish weather you know
    So the Irish can post about Irish weather on a UK forum, but you crib about the a couple of posters mentioning the UK weather on here? Don't start going all isolationist on us now Mortelaro. ;)

The weather in the UK is of interest at the moment, that is all.

New Moon

Advertisement