Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated iPod Touch!

Options
  • 28-05-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

My heart sings a little bit with the news that Apple has released an updated iPod Touch!!

https://www.apple.com/ie/ipod-touch/

Okay so it looks exactly like the last one with the only difference seeming to be a new chip but it hasn't been forgotten!!

7-10 year olds of the world rejoice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Weird that they dragged their feet on releasing this seeing as it was a minor spec bump but has been rumoured for launch for a few months now.

Would of expected TouchID at least, pity they neglect some of their less profitable product lines so much.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    7-10 year olds of the world rejoice!!
    Well, you can buy a gadget for them with a solid support infrastructure behind it, unlike the 'playdate' thingumibob.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I think these are less and less used for kids as they mainly get hand-me-down phones nowadays.

iPod touch are more used for sales devices, stock management etc. Walk into a Schuh shoe store and every sales assistant is wearing one around their neck.

It's good they got updated, but means any devices running A10 and below will probably not get iOS 13, bye bye iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6. iPhone 6s might get one more year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My 9 and 10 year olds have one each!

Gone are the days of handing down an iPhone 3GS and getting a free upgrade - my last phone sold for €250 and that went towards an XR!

Although I only bought an iPod in March (Littlewoods - €219) not losing sleep over this upgrade. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Anyone know if available in any store in Ireland yet.. I know there online on apple store but wanted to pick one up by the weekend

• Advertisement

steven087 wrote: »
    Anyone know if available in any store in Ireland yet.. I know there online on apple store but wanted to pick one up by the weekend

I went into an Apple Reseller at the bottom of Grafton Stree, College Green end yesterday. The staff shook their heads and it's unlikely they'll stock. :confused:

I say this as an actual iPod Touch 7 owner btw, bought online from Apple. - I went looking for a case. I'll probably end up using a small generic phone case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I went into an Apple Reseller at the bottom of Grafton Stree, College Green end yesterday. The staff shook their heads and it's unlikely they'll stock. :confused:

I say this as an actual iPod Touch 7 owner btw, bought online from Apple. - I went looking for a case. I'll probably end up using a small generic phone case now.

Would a case for previous gen model not fit?
    I thought the exterior had remained the same and just the internal components got an upgrade.

Yeah whatever not going to specially vusit an apple reseller store . I'll let folks know how I get on with a suitably sized generic snatphone case

• Advertisement

Case €9.99 in my local Tesco.

Fits like a glove.

Advertisement