Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Mentor Required

Options
  • 28-05-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 Mobile Apps that are developed and ready to go into the market.

Problem is, I have no clue where to go now that I have them developed.

I have found that I have no issue with finding people looking to invest or even finding options for grants and funding, what I dont have is a mentor to help me define a Road Map to where I need to be with regard to getting them to market.

Is there a service I can "buy in" for business mentor ?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rookieMan

A good product manager/owner + business analyst is what you are after. There are services that you can use to hire a contractor. I can refer you to one of the services. It's not going to be cheap but quality should decent. Hopefully you will find someone in your budget. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Local Enterprise Office also have a facility to pair you with a mentor. the cost is €20 per hour and done in 2 hour sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I also recommend talking to the Local Enterprise Office - you can find your local office contact info here.

Each LEO will have a panel of different mentors with different backgrounds and perspectives, so I recommend you ask about the different options available. Some of them are listed on their website, so check it out and see if you can do a bit of research.
    Local Enterprise Office also havea facility to pair you with a mentor. the cost is €20 per hour and done in 2 hour sessions.

Not every LEO charges - though IMO they should. Some of the mentoring arrangements are longer term than just a one-off meeting, particularly where there's a period of implementation for some kind of program (e.g. Lean Strategies).

(Source: I'm a mentor with 3 of the LEOs)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Trojan:"(Source: I'm a mentor with 3 of the LEOs)"

Good on ya, that's great to read.

I should clarify that when I went to meet the LEO for an intro session, I was looking for a mentor, and no funding.
    I had the choice of paid for mentoring, and it was the most suitable option.
    There are Excellent mentors available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thanks folks, booked and paid for 1 hr session with LEO mentor. Also applied at another - will see what comes back

• Advertisement
Advertisement