Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Lost Parcel

Options
  • 28-05-2019 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭

Parcel motel have lost my package and have been less than helpful about it. They are now requesting the invoice from the order, should I or am I required to provide this? I have asked why and they have just responded saying they need it. They already sent me the photo of the package when it arrived at the depot, seems they have as much information as they need. I don't see why the invoice is required. There are additional orders on it and it was an order made by someone who is not on the parcel motel address it was being delivered to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They need proof of what was delivered to try and find it and if they can't find it to compensate you. If they know don't how much it cost how can they compensate. You can redact any information that's not relevant.

What type of invoice deliveries to multiple locations? Usually it's 1 invoice for delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

They were multiple parcel motel deliveries all on the one amazon invoice. 3 in total. 2 were delivered. They can easily deliver these to the one box, but I'm assuming it's just business to charge for all three separately. The item missing is more expensive than the basic cover. this says it all really...

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Trustpilot is BS.

Only complainers go there (look at "Have used parcel motel for a number of years with no issues but the last few weeks has been a shambles." giving one star!) because you normally have to create an account to vote.

Trustpilot then reach out to the company to 'suggest' tokenised rating of existing happy customers (i.e. you send them a link after a successful delivery, they can rate without creating a TP account) and all of a sudden they are on 4.3/5.0.

Of course they charge for it.

this isn't like yelp and going in and getting a bad burger and complaining about it. this is a parcel delivery service where your burger doesn't even arrive. like any online feedback service you will get bogus positives and negatives, there is some balancing with this so when you see 1 out of 5 it is not a good sign.

amazon is no different, youtubers getting samples and giving 5 star reviews. this is small though, so 285 reviews and 1 out of 5 speaks volumes.

They were multiple parcel motel deliveries all on the one amazon invoice. 3 in total. 2 were delivered. They can easily deliver these to the one box, but I'm assuming it's just business to charge for all three separately. The item missing is more expensive than the basic cover. this says it all really...

Unless you pay extra no courier company covers the cost of an item, Parcel motel are a courier company. If you send something expensive with DHL and it's lost you won't get the value back unless you pay for extra insurance.

You got 3 packages so Parcel motel charge for 3 packages. It's Amazon's fault for doing multiple shipments when you place one order, it's risk you take.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »

You got 3 packages so Parcel motel charge for 3 packages. It's Amazon's fault for doing multiple shipments when you place one order, it's risk you take.

Yes, it makes sense from a business perspective as I have already posted, charge for three in spite of it arriving in one delivery to the parcel motel hub. What’s your point? I already said this much.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, it makes sense from a business perspective as I have already posted, charge for three in spite of it arriving in one delivery to the parcel motel hub. What’s your point? I already said this much.

What Del2005 is trying to tell you is that Amazon shipped three packages for your one order. This usually happens because your order was handled by different fulfilment centres. Amazon dont charge extra P&P - splitting the order involves extra cost for them and not the customer. PM receives three shipments, potentially over three different days and not necessarily 'in one delivery' as you claim so you have to pay their charge three times, it's not their fault.

I've raised this with Amazon but they can't do anything about it - if you order products that are stocked in different fulfilment centres, they will always come in separate shipments. I called PM, said there was three packages on the way for me, could they hold the first two until the third one arrived, then group them into one bundle and drop them into one locker in my local collection centre but they said their systems didn't allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fj4400

I've had similar bad experience with parcel motel... 1st time they list a package .. I was told 3 different stories by 3 different reps... 1st person said they would recall the package as it was sent to wrong address ... And never logged the call or did a recall .... 2nd call said they would need to get proof I didn't receive ... Need to review their CCTV video at collection and report to guards .... Again never logged call or did anything... 3rd call ... Eventually I was provided with a log no. ... Advised they would need to view their CCTV in their warehouse (I got email saying it was received but no text to collect) ... That will take 3-5 days ... I asked for a manager call also as part of review... Day 3 I rang and was told the package is lost... They needed my invoice as proof of purchase and cost and would give me cost plus 10 percent for my inconvenience. A whopping 11 euro in total (took two weeks longer than they said)... Refunded to my PayPal ... bottom line... Their service is generally good.... Customer service shocking ... Oh yeah I'm still waiting for a manager call

fj4400 wrote: »
    I've had similar bad experience with parcel motel... 1st time they list a package .. I was told 3 different stories by 3 different reps... 1st person said they would recall the package as it was sent to wrong address ... And never logged the call or did a recall .... 2nd call said they would need to get proof I didn't receive ... Need to review their CCTV video at collection and report to guards .... Again never logged call or did anything... 3rd call ... Eventually I was provided with a log no. ... Advised they would need to view their CCTV in their warehouse (I got email saying it was received but no text to collect) ... That will take 3-5 days ... I asked for a manager call also as part of review... Day 3 I rang and was told the package is lost... They needed my invoice as proof of purchase and cost and would give me cost plus 10 percent for my inconvenience. A whopping 11 euro in total (took two weeks longer than they said)... Refunded to my PayPal ... bottom line... Their service is generally good.... Customer service shocking ... Oh yeah I'm still waiting for a manager call

Still no sign of mine. Mailing them everyday, last I heard was last Wednesday where they said they were conducting a ‘full warehouse search’. Won’t be using their services again.

Still no sign of mine. Mailing them everyday, last I heard was last Wednesday where they said they were conducting a ‘full warehouse search’. Won’t be using their services again.

Parcel Motel are now not responding to any of my requests for an update. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

I’ve sent one email everyday since Friday politely looking for an update. They’ve had my invoice from the vendor for 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Parcel Motel are now not responding to any of my requests for an update. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

I’ve sent one email everyday since Friday politely looking for an update. They’ve had my invoice from the vendor for 2 weeks.

My parcel was lost last week by them.
    It'll take two weeks to conduct an "investigation" into where it is.

Joke of a company.

I'm into 3 weeks at this stage...

I just requested that I be compensated and want remaining credit be reimbursed which I know won't happen, I just want to close the account and be done with them, but no response.

I need the item ordered for work purposes and want to reorder. agreed...joke.

Do a chargeback if you paid by CC/DC or paypal refund for non delivery.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Do a chargeback if you paid by CC/DC or paypal refund for non delivery.

I very much doubt that would succeed as a chargeback is against the seller but the seller is not at fault in this case and the item was delivered as per the contract of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Having a similar issue myself. My parcel was opened (because the pmid was missing) and something is missing from the box. The item is sold in pairs and there's no way the seller didn't put it in the box.

Not sure what to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

They lost a parcel of mine a while ago and I phoned, got the "send the invoice" spiel" and then it took them weeks to respond to my polite follow up enquiries.

Eventually I complained through Facebook messenger AND on a Facebook post on their page and someone eventually contacted me.

They told me the refund had been approved and then I had to keep following up again to ensure they actually processed the refund.

Eventually, 2 months after they had originally lost the item, I got the refund.

In this case it was an item only worth a tenner so I wasnt too pushed.

I dont use them for anything thats high value. Theyre just not worth it - the customer service is as appalling as it gets.

Quackster wrote: »
    I very much doubt that would succeed as a chargeback is against the seller but the seller is not at fault in this case and the item was delivered as per the contract of sale.

Yes sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Stopped using PM years ago due to a similar problem and use AddressPal now. So much better and can collect at PO of choice or they'll deliver to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hi All,I have been using parcel motel for years never any problem s till last weekend.i purchased a Samsung Galaxy A7 from Amazon .It was delivered to there Depot and signed for in Newtownabbey but never made it to Dublin .
    There seems to be no checks and balances been carried out .how does a parcel signed in go missing .
    I am so disappointed with them and down over 200 quid

Advertisement