Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vhi starter plan

• 28-05-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm 41 and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia 10 yrs ago. I've been pretty much symptomless since then.

I joined vhi starter plan 3 months ago. It's 40 euros per month. It has a six month period where it doesn't cover new illnesses.

I read in the t&cs that it only entitles me to one visit to a consultant where I have to pay 60 euros should i need it.

Is anyone familiar with the vhi starter plan ? Is it worth the expense? I have the medical card.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I joined VHI a few months ago too. I initially chose that starter plan but changed to the one plan day to day plan. It was a little more expensive (50 something per month I think) but I thought worth it for additional benefits, namely the excess is only €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

P.S. I've a medical card too but I am having so many health issues, I need to wait years before i am covered for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Tara4 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm 41 and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia 10 yrs ago. I've been pretty much symptomless since then.

I joined vhi starter plan 3 months ago. It's 40 euros per month. It has a six month period where it doesn't cover new illnesses.

I read in the t&cs that it only entitles me to one visit to a consultant where I have to pay 60 euros should i need it.

Is anyone familiar with the vhi starter plan ? Is it worth the expense? I have the medical card.

Thanks
    after looking at the cover on the starter plan, your consultant visit is subject to an excess of €250, so if your one visit has a €60 allowance, if this is the only expense you have you wont actually receive anything back as you wont have met the €250 excess. The excess does not take into consideration of what you paid to the consultant, just the €60 allowance, so you will be still €190 of an excess short

Advertisement