Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to save my Apple trees

Options
  • 28-05-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Can anyone id parasites that attacked my Apple trees and advise what is the best way to get rid of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Looks like whitefly. Any aphid control will clear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I feel your pain.

Have a read H E R E and try to see which one matches the ones in the photo but i can guess are aphids. More H E R E ,im guessing but could be whiteflies too... HERE

Try using some sort of organic treatment from a garden centre or at home,diluted washing up liquid for few days.
    Those leafs will not be vindicated this year but the final goal is to save the tree(s).

Wash up the leafs few times across a week, with diluted washing up liquid BUT from underside of the leaves and in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭macraignil

Looks like aphids to me as well. Was thinking it might be woolly aphids but not sure if it is not just the standard ones. There is this RHS page about the woolly ones that has some suggestions on treatments. If you want to go the natural method you can usually find ladybirds hanging around nettles and it is easy enough to collect a few in old jam jars and they should make quick work of eating your aphids.

Advertisement