Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Ballsbridge for RDS concert

Options
  • 28-05-2019 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Coming from Cork and will be attending a concert in the RDS in June - can you get parking in Ballsbridge area for this or is it best to park at the Park n Ride at the Red Cow and come in on the Luas and get public transport out to the RDS.

Any help/tips would be great.

Thanks in advance :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

The Dart stops a 3 min walk away. But you could park in Donnybrook and walk down. Only 10-15 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

TheJet wrote: »
    Coming from Cork and will be attending a concert in the RDS in June - can you get parking in Ballsbridge area for this or is it best to park at the Park n Ride at the Red Cow and come in on the Luas and get public transport out to the RDS.

Any help/tips would be great.

Thanks in advance :cool:

Coming from Kerry for gigs I've done both before and while getting into the RDS from red cow is fine, getting out after can be a nightmare with lots of people looking for taxis back into Dublin.

Theres a hockey club that open up their ground and charge 5/10 euro (I cant remember which) to park there. It's safe, secure with people there the entire time and when you're leaving a guy is there directing traffic (unofficially) out the gate so you're not held up too much.

Name of the hockey club is Pembroke Wanderers and a quick Google will throw up contact details if youd like to check them out. I'd recommend using them and I am using them again for the Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters concerts in the RDS this year.

It's also less hassle driving in and getting out than it is making the trek back to the luas after.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

dobman88 wrote: »
    Coming from Kerry for gigs I've done both before and while getting into the RDS from red cow is fine, getting out after can be a nightmare with lots of people looking for taxis back into Dublin.

Theres a hockey club that open up their ground and charge 5/10 euro (I cant remember which) to park there. It's safe, secure with people there the entire time and when you're leaving a guy is there directing traffic (unofficially) out the gate so you're not held up too much.

Name of the hockey club is Pembroke Wanderers and a quick Google will throw up contact details if youd like to check them out. I'd recommend using them and I am using them again for the Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters concerts in the RDS this year.

It's also less hassle driving in and getting out than it is making the trek back to the luas after.

Enjoy.

Thanks for replying very quickly to you both.

Dobman88 - thanks for that - I will defo check that out and sounds like a plan....Based on your own expierence, do you recommend getting there early enough in the day to get a spot or would I be ok arriving 4/5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Dobman88 - thanks for that - I will defo check that out and sounds like a plan....Based on your own expierence, do you recommend getting there early enough in the day to get a spot or would I be ok arriving 4/5pm?

Work in the area, and in my experience, were usually getting slammed from 4/5 so I’d be arriving a little earlier if I was in your position

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is it a week day or Saturday/Sunday? At the weekend there is plenty of parking around 10/15 minutes away, some free. As already said there are a few sports clubs that do parking. The hockey club as mentioned, think the rugby club and the cricket club do too (you can see what sort of area it is by the sports clubs) there is a church too that does too on angelsea road. If it’s a week day you may need a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Assume you mean the parking?

I think we got there at 2ish the few times we used the hockey club and while it wasnt mental at that time, I wouldn't want to get there much later but saying that the club grounds are very big so I dont think youd have a problem arriving later.

The general area was pretty busy by 5 tho but there are absolutely loads of bars, restaurants and places to sit and chill for a while before heading into the gig all within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

@salmoncab- It’s a Saturday gig, I will also check out the church you mentioned on Angelsea road.

@dobmann88- Yes, I meant parking..... don’t mind getting there around 2 or so, just wanted to know if the place would be crazy busy with others parking.

Thanks again to all who replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The residential streets in behind the US embassy (if you're looking at the map, the streets immediately to the west of it) have some free parking at the weekend. I would use them often going to rugby matches in the RDS.

Advertisement