Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best network for calls/texts on payg?

Options
  • 28-05-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

does anyone know which network gives the best deal on calls and texts on payg?
    I've ditched the smartphone and am now using a bog standard nokia, i'm with 3 at the moment but all they give is ayce data which i'm not interested in any more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ooter wrote: »
    does anyone know which network gives the best deal on calls and texts on payg?
    I've ditched the smartphone and am now using a bog standard nokia, i'm with 3 at the moment but all they give is ayce data which i'm not interested in any more.

You could give Lyca mobile a try.

€9 every 30 days. Pay as you go so no contract.

Talk & Text S
    € 9.00

30 Days

450 National Mins
    450 National Text
    Unlimited Lyca to Lyca Calls
    Unlimited Lyca to Lyca Text
    EU Roaming

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/talk-text-s/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

If you mostly talk then eir do €10 for 28 days on PAYG with unlimited calls. Texts are not included so 15c each.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Vic_08 wrote: »
    If you mostly talk then eir do €10 for 28 days on PAYG with unlimited calls. Texts are not included so 15c each.

Eir give 400 free web-texts on all plans (300 national, 100 international) You could do the webtexts from any device that has web access, but you can also use the MyEir app which is very similar to using native SMS in phone. However you would need to revert to Smartphone to use the app! Why not use the Smartphone WiFi only with data turned off?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Postmobile give unlimited calls and texts for 20, plus 5 euro bonus. I don't know if you keep your 20 euro top up though, but they also have addons, and it's on the vodafone network.

Advertisement