Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had a car hit into me this evening....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I don't see how a motorist ploughing at speed into a street full of cyclists (at a protest?) is comparable to getting struck by a door mirror.

"In my experience, when motorists do something deliberately, it tends to be accompanied by a blaring horn, passenger window down, shouting, gesticulating etc."

Experience of guys from linked clips is different as you can see...

As OP pointed out it's not been accidentally happen. So at the end of a day mechanism of thinking is the same. Those people shouldn't be on road at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Hope you're alright Tel. There's some awful fcuking knobs driving out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

mickdw wrote: »
    I don't believe any motorist just purposely attempted to kill you - knocking you under his wheels at those speeds would mean death.
    There are woefully bad drivers out there as there are woefully dangerous cyclists but to suggest it was all on purpose is a bit small of a reach.

Clearly you're not a cyclist, or you're not cycling long enough.

Amongst a few incidents, I've had one where an oncoming car came right across the road straight at me with the driver and passenger laughing their heads off. I had to pull right into the kerb to avoid being hit.

Advertisement