Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edenbrook Citywest

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Do you mean 10 percent of the duplexes will be social housing? Or that all 6 duplexes them is allocated to social?

Whatever is closer to 10% of the total number of units in the estate would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Do you mean 10 percent of the duplexes will be social housing? Or that all 6 duplexes them is allocated to social?

All the duplexes opposite Edenbrook green are social. I think there are ten apartments. I was told this by the sales agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Bandito909 wrote: »
    All the duplexes opposite Edenbrook green are social. I think there are ten apartments. I was told this by the sales agent.

That would make sense there's five units shown on the estate plan, but if they're duplexes laid out in the Russell Square/Belfry style then that would be ten units.

I assume they're the units to the very bottom-left of this map, yeah?

Qrt wrote: »
    That would make sense there's five units shown on the estate plan, but if they're duplexes laid out in the Russell Square/Belfry style then that would be ten units.

I assume they're the units to the very bottom-left of this map, yeah?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 asdf_ire

Hi,

Has anyone signed their contract?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

asdf_ire wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone signed their contract?

Thanks.

A good few now, have a look for Edenbrook Citywest on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bohemianes

Can I ask how busy it was when the houses launched? I’m worried I’m gonna turn up and they’ll be gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Generally Citywest is fine area at this moment. I work in the area of Citywest Business Campus and I didn’t experience any particular issues during last 2-3 years.

As it was already mentioned there are some not really nice areas close to Citywest - Brookfield and Fettercairn. I didn’t hear anything criminal about these areas for the last years (there were couple of issues) but it’s better to avoid them. Sometimes you can hear feedback like “avoid Tallaght, it’s dangerous” - it’s b*llsh*t from my point of view. Tallaght is huge area and people refer to its reputation from 90s. The next point is just to check news about murders in Dublin for the last years and I’m pretty sure that Tallaght is not #1 in the list (most probably it will be Blanchardstown and surroundings).

Currently there are multiple developments in the area of Citywest:
    - Citywest Village - it was the first major residential development in the last years in Citywest;
    - Ardsolus - it’s small development and located in the end of Citywest Business Campus, next to SAP office;
    - Cuil Duin - it’s located close to Saggart;
    - Edenbrook itself (developed by Cairn) and it’s close to all new developments (Cuil Duin and Citywest Village);
    - There are planned apartments in the front of Edenbrook, separate development (also by Cairn);
    - There is one more development site in the front of Lidl and close to Magna Business Park.

So I’m sure that all these developments will impact infrastructure and traffic in Citywest in the future. In terms of public transport you will have Luas + 2 or 3 bus routes (77 to city center and 175 to Dun Laoghaire through Tallaght). Buses will be more or less empty because Citywest is beginning of their routes.

Edenbrook is located pretty far from bad areas (mentioned above); Citywest Village may experience more issues because it’s next to these areas. But anyway you will meet people from these areas when do shopping in Citywest Shopping Center or Lidl.

Edenbrook and Citywest Village have more or less the same prices (if we compare the latest phase of Citywest Village). Citywest Village has extra bonus: it belongs to Citywest Business Campus and as a result they have security patrols. Citywest Business Campus is also responsible for landscape design (in the front of houses) and its further support.

In the end you can also take a look separate thread on this forum about Citywest Village: there are a lot of pages with discussions about the area, potential troubles and etc.

..FYI crime rates are higher in Tallaght than in Blanchardstown. For the size of Blanchardstown crime is by no means high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Do Edenbrook houses have concrete floors like a lot of new houses?

Advertisement