Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter ebike

Options
  • 28-05-2019 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Ill start by saying I'm a novice at cycling so I'm pretty hatchet at cycling. I did part of the greenway on an ebike and had a bit of a revelation after finally getting to cycle a decent strech.

I can take part in the cycle to work scheme if I like, but I'm torn between trying to get a cheap ebike or even a more expensive one.

The problem is, will i use it enough to justify it, as Im not sure i fancy cycling in Dublin traffic to work so it might end up being more be more of a leisure bike. I would also be conscious of it getting nicked.

Any thoughts ? I know halfords have some models but im not sure how good they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If your only going to use a bike for leisure would you not consider a regular bike so as to maximise the health benefits when you do get to use it?

I can’t advise in relation to what e-bikes as I haven’t a clue about them. Sorry.

Advertisement