Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Women's World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sam Kerr from Australia is moaning at every single decision, melter!

She's diving all game too.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Norway getting all the chances now,can they make the extra women count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

FFS imagine losing possession via a foul throw in the Last 16 of the World Cup. That would drive me insane if that was my team-mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

All Norway since the red card, came close a number of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Enjoyable game..it's the most ladies football I have ever watched..I was waiting for the proceeding Glastonbury show on BBC..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FFS imagine losing possession via a foul throw in the Last 16 of the World Cup. That would drive me insane if that was my team-mate.

Every second throw in at this world cup is a foul throw but the refs hardly ever enforce the rule. Dunno why these pros can't do proper throw ins, makes the game look very amateur

The scuffaroos

The scuffaroos

Glad Kerr missed hers, she comes across as being quite obnoxious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Keepers were glued to their lines in the shootout. I don't understand the opposition to applying the actual laws of the game. It has worked.

Then you have nonsense from the Premier League about if the VAR Ref sees it, they'll turn a blind eye.

Really enjoyed that game, think it was probably the most entertaining game so far this tournament. Both teams going for it, commiserations to the Aussies but glad Norway went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Engen with the winning penalty.

She's my favourite...I love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

micar wrote: »
    Engen with the winning penalty.

She's my favourite...I love her.

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is England beating Cameroon inevitable? Bookies aren't giving Cameroon much of a prayer.

Is England beating Cameroon inevitable? Bookies aren't giving Cameroon much of a prayer.

They gave the Dutch a good game, caused their defence problems on more than one occasion, aren't afraid to put their foot in, and have a great winger on the left who's name I don't know, she was like a pantomime villain and seemed to love it. (well that's where she played against the Dutch)

You'd imagine England should win by a couple but they're still frail defensively imho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I really like that Norway side, questions about how they would react after a poor Euros, Hegerberg etc.

Thorisdottir is a great centre back, played well against France too. Had Sam Kerr covered with her pace whenever Kerr wasn't moaning at the ref.

Engen very good, Graham Hansen gliding past players and well able to strike a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

siblers wrote: »
    Every second throw in at this world cup is a foul throw but the refs hardly ever enforce the rule. Dunno why these pros can't do proper throw ins, makes the game look very amateur

There has been plenty of foul throws in the premier league that the refs have ignored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Glad Kerr missed hers, she comes across as being quite obnoxious.

Not only missed it, absolutely ballooned the effort.

Not only missed it, absolutely ballooned the effort.

Haha yeah, just landed now I think.

England lead, free kick from a back pass. Cameroon pretty dirty so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Don't know how Cameroon let that one in.

• Advertisement

Don't know how Cameroon let that one.

If their player on the line had just stood still, it would have hit her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

More VAR related controversy.

Not a backpass for me. Free probably misses without the keeper's touch. England not doing a whole lot, second goal kills the game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The reactions here are ridiculous. They reviewed it and its offside. Having a hissy fit isnt going to make her be onside. As a player you're not going to no you were just offside anyway so why all this drama when it's been reviewed and they say you're offside.

VAR is all over this world cup.

VAR is all over this world cup.

It's wrecking it. There's no way it should be used again for a mm decision like that.

It's also causing farcical delays in assistants putting their flag up. It's fundamentally and overtly affecting the game, not just the odd incident quietly in the background.

dfx- wrote: »
    It's wrecking it. There's no way it should be used again for a mm decision like that.

It's also causing farcical delays in assistants putting their flag up. It's fundamentally and overtly affecting the game, not just the odd incident quietly in the background.

Not a fan of VAR full stop.

Game over, if it wasn't before. I'd be taking players off if I were Neville because the studs are going to fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Cameroon couldn't finish their fùckin dinner.

Jeaysus.

• Advertisement

Hope England progress past Norway but I'm having a couple of quid on the Norwegians for that game. England go from very good to awful at regular intervals throughout a game and Norway will punish us.

Just what the game needed, 7 minutes of added time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shocking assault there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Terrible carry on by the Cameroonian captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Phil Neville's interview there was great. No nonsense. Calling out Cameroon for the disgrace that they were!

dfx- wrote: »
    Not a backpass for me. Free probably misses without the keeper's touch. England not doing a whole lot, second goal kills the game though

Backpass clear as day, if that's not a passback, defenders would constantly take touches and let the keeper pick it up.

Cameroon were a disgrace as was the ref, they should have had two reds, the VAR decisions were correct but the stoppages ruin the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I didn't get to see the game but Neville is getting a lot of praise for his post match interview

https://twitter.com/GMS__Football/status/1142852672007151616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cameroon were a disgrace as was the ref,

Wasnt paying proper attention but was that the same ref as the scotland - Argentina game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hope England progress past Norway but I'm having a couple of quid on the Norwegians for that game. England go from very good to awful at regular intervals throughout a game and Norway will punish us.
    I think there are questions about them at the back and in possession. There have been throughout the WC. I'm inclined to go for Norway to progress as they are better served all over the park. Can't see England coping with Graham Hansen at all.

Phil Neville's interview there was great. No nonsense. Calling out Cameroon for the disgrace that they were!
    Well, he's not allowed to call out the true villain in the piece, the ref! 15m of added time all told.

Wasnt paying proper attention but was that the same ref as the scotland - Argentina game?

Probably the same nationality but the one tonight looked a fair bit older from the Scotland game

• Advertisement

Backpass clear as day, if that's not a passback, defenders would constantly take touches and let the keeper pick it up.

Cameroon were a disgrace as was the ref, they should have had two reds, the VAR decisions were correct but the stoppages ruin the game
    Red card in 95th minute on a team going home served no real purpose. A better referee would have been straight in with a yellow and ended the match.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Red card in 95th minute on a team going home served no real purpose. A better referee would have been straight in with a yellow and ended the match.

That was a world cup ending challenge in a game that was over, player deserved a red

That was a world cup ending challenge in a game that was over, player deserved a red
    Sure it was reckless but I actually think the yellow was the sensible call given how badly she'd run the game to date. Other player got up and walked away.

Two well-matched teams in the evening game. French have an edge but final passes not brilliant. Think home advantage may favour them.

My god VAR sucks the life out of games.

My god VAR sucks the life out of games.
    It was actually how long it took here. With the players on the ground they should have gone then.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It was actually how long it took here. With the players on the ground they should have gone then.

Absolutely, It was the perfect time to be looking at it.

Can we have Norway v Australia every game please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Probably the same nationality but the one tonight looked a fair bit older from the Scotland game

Cameroon were a disgrace as was the ref,

The one from Scotland-Argentina was the fourth official today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

VAR disallowing that goal for France is ridiculous.

She was full entitled to go for the ball and the keeper did not have full control of the ball.

It's supposed to be for clear and obvious errors not things that potentially are debatable.

They need to bring in a system like in the NFL where the coaches have a couple of challenges per game and it's the coach who decides when VAR is used not the officials deciding to referee the game a second time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement