Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dislocated Shoulder - operate or not to operate

Options
  • 29-05-2019 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone here got surgery to repair a dislocated shoulder?

If so, was it worth it, or do you think you would have been better off stick to the exercises?

YES or NO poll attached.

Dislocated Shoulder - Was your operation successful? 1 vote

Yes - Great job
    100% 1 vote
    No - Sorry i got it done
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What do the medical people you've consulted think?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭upyaboyanow

is_that_so wrote: »
    What do the medical people you've consulted think?

leaving it up to me to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Really don't think this is the place to ask that, each case is individual. Surely the medical people you're dealing with have given some advise as to what would be best in their view? If not, possibly go elsewhere for a second opinion as this is definitely something they should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How old are you and how often has it happened in the past?
    How did it happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Just from my personal experience when i did my shoulder they left it up to me to decide, i went without the surgery, that was 6 years ago and have had no issues since in the gym or playing rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

My husband dislocated his shoulder in a rugby match about 7 years ago. A physio on the sideline did a hack job putting it back in and he had to go to A&E to get it sorted. After that he was in hospital a further 3 times to get it back in. It used to pop out constantly doing the simplest things like closing a car door. He got the hang of putting it back in himself :o

He opted for surgery and although he was out of work for a good few weeks it was the best thing he did. He has had no problems since.

If your shoulder keeps popping out I would say def go for surgery.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Please seek qualified medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement