Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access most sites.

Options
  • 29-05-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Error: "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection" on Windows 10.

Using my desktop, and I can't access most sites.
    I'm able to access boards (obviously, but it's not loading fully), facebook, youtube, and google search, but nothing else.

Used my phone to search for results, but found nothing that fixed the problem.
    I reset my router, reset the ethernet, am not using a proxy, turned off the antivirus, checked that the firewall is allowing chrome access (IE 11 and firefox too).

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Terry wrote: »
    Error: "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection" on Windows 10.

Using my desktop, and I can't access most sites.
    I'm able to access boards (obviously, but it's not loading fully), facebook, youtube, and google search, but nothing else.

Used my phone to search for results, but found nothing that fixed the problem.
    I reset my router, reset the ethernet, am not using a proxy, turned off the antivirus, checked that the firewall is allowing chrome access (IE 11 and firefox too).

Any other suggestions?

If you install TeamViewer I'll remote on and fix it for you. You probably need to reset your lan settings in Internet options. What antivirus are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Never mind. It's working now. No idea what happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Terry wrote: »
    Never mind. It's working now. No idea what happened here.

Did you install anything recently? Something probably changed your lan proxy settings.

Advertisement