Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I change the narrative of a standing order?

Options
  • 29-05-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. 
    I have a monthly standing order going to a charity. The narrative used is the charity's account number but I would like to change it to the charity's name (it's just too easy to mix up this monthly payment with other payments that I make). I have been told that it is not possible to change the narrative without cancelling the whole standing order and starting again. Is this right?  If it is possible to make the change, how can it be done? Can it be done at my local branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

aahindy wrote: »
    Hi. 
    I have a monthly standing order going to a charity. The narrative used is the charity's account number but I would like to change it to the charity's name (it's just too easy to mix up this monthly payment with other payments that I make). I have been told that it is not possible to change the narrative without cancelling the whole standing order and starting again. Is this right?  If it is possible to make the change, how can it be done? Can it be done at my local branch?

Hi aahindy,

Thanks for your post.

Although it isn't possible to you to amend the narrative on the standing order, if you send a request through 'Ask a Question' in the Service Desk on www.365online.com an adviser can make the amendment for you.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement