Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzled by iCloud Drive

Options
  • 29-05-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Now that I have unlimited broadband, I thought I would try iCloud Drive. I had purchased the 200GB option already as I have 80GB in Photos.
    I changed the settings on my iMac System Preferences and was astonished when the Desktop was emptied; I managed to drag my usual stuff back on to it.
    What is puzzling me is that iCloud settings [on Mac and phone] say I still have 115 GB available, yet iCloud Documents says the storage is full, and that the folder has 106GB in it.
    I just don't get the arithmetic here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

How much space is left on the hard Drive of your Mac?? There is a setting (a tickbox) whereby if a drive is running low on space, it will dump the contents of your computer up to the cloud.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT206985

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

HD looks good: Used 573GB, available 465GB.
    I thought that it would sync like Photos, where I have full sized files on the iMac and in iCloud.
    Although my HD seems to still have all the documents, Finder only shows them under iCloud Documents.
    Maybe Apple's system hasn't caught up yet, but iCloud Settings says I've still got the 115GB available, and it shows the bulk of the storage is 82GB of Photos.

Advertisement