Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Clearing

Options
  • 29-05-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question. I lodged a cheque on Monday that is showing in my account but the balance isn’t available to me yet. I know it takes 5 working days for a cheque to clear from another bank but is this just the maximum? Can a cheque clear quicker? I need to transfer the money urgently to someone else before Friday.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Quick question. I lodged a cheque on Monday that is showing in my account but the balance isn’t available to me yet. I know it takes 5 working days for a cheque to clear from another bank but is this just the maximum? Can a cheque clear quicker? I need to transfer the money urgently to someone else before Friday.

Thanks in advance!

Hi mrbrigtside11,

Thanks for your post.

For detailed information on cheque clearing times, please see here. If you lodged a cheque before 4pm on Monday it will be available next Monday as it takes the full five days to clear, unless it is a BOI cheque which is three working days.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement