Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Issue

Options
  • 29-05-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am working as a Key Account and Contracts Manager for an SME.
    The role is a dynamic one where, in addition to account management, I am responsible for sourcing, leading out on tenders, up selling and managing a busy web shop.
    Last year, I was responsible for accounts (processing & ensuring fulfilment of orders myself) worth 63% of the companies annual turnover (~€4 mill). This year, this percentage will increase along with turnover, primarily thanks to my work in winning a large value tender(5 year contract). The company makes a fairly healthy profit.
    I've been in this role since mid 2017. My salary at the time was 35k, I was bumped up to 37.5k and am now on 40k(plus 16% bonus).
    I've been at the company for 8 years. Previous roles were originally as a sales exec and then purchasing- in which I made vital changes in various processes and was instrumental in leading out the highest value tender the company has won in it's 23 year history.
    My knowledge and experience of this niche product/company is unrivalled amongst my peers, who have not been here as long.
    I really hope this doesn't across as arrogant but due to the nature and setup of the company I know I would be a huge loss If I was to part ways.

I hope the above overview gives a good overview of my role and impact in the company.

My issue arises from my latest rise to 40k in February of this year. I went into my review meeting with hopes of coming out with a salary much closer to 50 plus bonus.
    I told myself to put the head down, keep surpassing targets and go in strong at the end of the year. However, the last 6 weeks or so has been a struggle motivation wise and am finding it very hard to stay content.
    I can't shake the feeling I am being undercut. Can anyone advise If I am based on the above info?

I was offered a job last year, but I couldn't swing it geographically with moving the family etc. I am keeping an eye out for other opportunities but do enjoy my role and it's location and a couple of other aspects are key.

Thanks.

Advertisement