Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acces point Upstairs

• 29-05-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I moved into a house recently had some troubles with broadband had eir changed to virgin media which is perfect.

I have an access point upstairs but when I connected my Modem (Hub3.0) it doesn’t connect to the internet. Downstairs is perfect but upstairs Dosent connect , is it just for routers? Don’t see a difference what you connect.

There’s a cable laying around downstairs maybe that’s the problem? I attached a photo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

How is the access point connected to the VM Hub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

iusha12 wrote: »
    I moved into a house recently had some troubles with broadband had eir changed to virgin media which is perfect.

I have an access point upstairs but when I connected my Modem (Hub3.0) it doesn’t connect to the internet. Downstairs is perfect but upstairs Dosent connect , is it just for routers? Don’t see a difference what you connect.

There’s a cable laying around downstairs maybe that’s the problem? I attached a photo

Has the access point upstairs been changed to vm or did it ever work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Have you configured the access point to match your LAN IP subnet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Way too little information here. What model is the AP, and how is it physically connected to the VM router?

Advertisement