Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage relief

• 29-05-2019 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi all, can anyone assist, I built my own house, just completed last year, with a mortgage from my bank, am I entitled to some sort of mortgage tax/interest relief? This is my first property

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Hi all, can anyone assist, I built my own house, just completed last year, with a mortgage from my bank, am I entitled to some sort of mortgage tax/interest relief? This is my first property

Did you avail of the help to buy scheme? You should be entitled to it if your paying tax at any level. There is no longer monthly interest or tax relief.. that was cancelled around the same time the economy went kaput.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

gogo wrote: »
    Did you avail of the help to buy scheme? You should be entitled to it if your paying tax at any level. There is no longer monthly interest or tax relief.. that was cancelled around the same time the economy went kaput.

No I didn’t avail of it, where would be the best place to find out what I’m entitled to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

No I didn’t avail of it, where would be the best place to find out what I’m entitled to?

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/help-to-buy-incentive/who-can-claim-the-help-to-buy-htb.aspx

Advertisement