Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM query- funds retracted

• 29-05-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, I used the BOI ATM in Douglas Village shopping Centre on Monday 27th May at approx 14:56 and withdrew €150. However, I got distracted and turned away without taking the cash. I realized my error and rang Robert in banking 365 at 15:09 who informed me that it was likely the cash was on retracted and would be returned to my AIB account. A few minutes later I returned to the BOI branch to speak with a teller and she repeated what Robert told me and that the balancing at the end of day would highlight the issue. Can you please investigate how this is progressing? Neither BOI staff member took any contact details for me and I am anxious to have the funds returned. If I need to do anything further please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Mfitzirl wrote: »
    Hello, I used the BOI ATM in Douglas Village shopping  Centre on Monday 27th May at approx 14:56 and withdrew €150. However, I got distracted and turned away without taking the cash. I realized my error and rang Robert in banking 365 at 15:09 who informed me that it was likely the cash was on retracted and would be returned to my AIB account. A few minutes later I returned to the BOI branch to speak with a teller and she repeated what Robert told me and that the balancing at the end of day would highlight the issue. Can you please investigate how this is progressing? Neither BOI staff member took any contact details for me and I am anxious to have the funds returned. If I need to do anything further please let me know.

Hi Mfitzirl,

Thanks for contacting us here and we're sorry to hear this happened when using one of our ATMs. Generally, this takes up to five business days for this type of issue to correct on an account however, we'd suggest clarifying this with your card provider. If it's a case that the issue does not resolve your bank can then sent an ATM refund request to us.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mfitzirl

Mfitzirl wrote: »
    Hello, I used the BOI ATM in Douglas Village shopping Centre on Monday 27th May at approx 14:56 and withdrew €150. However, I got distracted and turned away without taking the cash. I realized my error and rang Robert in banking 365 at 15:09 who informed me that it was likely the cash was on retracted and would be returned to my AIB account. A few minutes later I returned to the BOI branch to speak with a teller and she repeated what Robert told me and that the balancing at the end of day would highlight the issue. Can you please investigate how this is progressing? Neither BOI staff member took any contact details for me and I am anxious to have the funds returned. If I need to do anything further please let me know.

Can I have no contact from any BOI representative, can I urgently get an update on this transaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi Mfitzirl,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

My colleague 'Tara' has responded to your query above. Her reply was as follows:

Thanks for contacting us here and we're sorry to hear this happened when using one of our ATMs. Generally, this takes up to five business days for this type of issue to correct on an account however, we'd suggest clarifying this with your card provider. If it's a case that the issue does not resolve your bank can then sent an ATM refund request to us.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mfitzirl

Thanks John,

It seems unfortunately I will have to request a ATM query form from you as I have not yet received a credit for the €150, you might please action this on my behalf.

Regards,

Mary
    Hi Mfitzirl,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

My colleague 'Tara' has responded to your query above. Her reply was as follows:

Many Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi Mfitzirl,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If you are raising an ATM Dispute then you must contact your Bank and they will contact us directly to request the refund for you.

Your Bank will be aware of the procedure and will look after this for you.

Many Thanks

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement