Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir efibre F2000 router

Options
  • 29-05-2019 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I recently got eir efibre installed, the install came with a Huawei EchoLife HG8010H fibre to ethernet modem & also a Huawei F2000 router. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R9000 that I wish to use instead of the F2000, the connection is using both IPv4 & IPv6 settings. I contacted eir tech support via their website & I was given ADSL settings but the connection is not using them instead it is using GE WAN-10. Has anybody successfully used a different router than the F2000? The F2000 WiFi performance is nowhere near that of the Netgear.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

wexican1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I recently got eir efibre installed, the install came with a Huawei EchoLife HG8010H fibre to ethernet modem & also a Huawei F2000 router. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R9000 that I wish to use instead of the F2000, the connection is using both IPv4 & IPv6 settings. I contacted eir tech support via their website & I was given ADSL settings but the connection is not using them instead it is using GE WAN-10. Has anybody successfully used a different router than the F2000? The F2000 WiFi performance is nowhere near that of the Netgear.

Thanks.

IPoE (maybe referred to as DHCP) with VLAN 10 is what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wexican1

IPoE (maybe referred to as DHCP) with VLAN 10 is what you need.

Thanks for your very quick reply Navi, I can't seem to find where I can select VLAN 10 on the Netgear router, I'd presume it should be in IPv6 settings under advanced setup but can't find.

wexican1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your very quick reply Navi, I can't seem to find where I can select VLAN 10 on the Netgear router, I'd presume it should be in IPv6 settings under advanced setup but can't find.

I've never used the router so can't say for sure but here us an image from a review that seems to be what you're looking for.

netgear_r9000_vlan.jpg

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33046-netgear-r9000-nighthawk-x10-smart-wifi-router-reviewed?start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Depending on "Genie" version you may also find it in IPTV settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement