Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA power plugs

Options
  • 29-05-2019 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I recently bought item on ebay shipped from usa. when it arrived it had american plug. All good i have adapter or so i thought. One of the two prongs is slightly larger than the other and it wont fit. Any advice what i need to buy to get it working?? id rather not just buy use power adabter again without advice as i might get wrong one like what i have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you plug it into the Irish mains using just an adapter, you risk frying the innards. Can it handle 220V? Most mains appliance sold in the US are 110V only.

Post the make and model here if you're not sure but somewhere on the device there should a panel or metal plate with electrical data.

Advertisement