Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - Girls Names

Options
  • 29-05-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭

"Alphabet Sheep is The Cadillac of Sheeps"

Alphabet Sheep is just like regular sheep with a slight difference. There is only 1 question and 26 answers required.

Example, if the question was makes of cars

And you started off
    Avensis
    Bugatti
    Cadillac
    etc, you'd be playing the game properly.

alphabetposterhorizontalevenspacing.gif

I will present to you a list of the letters of the alphabet and all you have to do is PM me back your list, unnumbered. DO NOT post your list on thread

The topic of this quiz is Girls Names - PM me a list of 26 girls names in alphabetical order. use the below as a template

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

You have a week to complete your list. I intend to do the reveal on Wednesday the 5th of June at around 10 PM. Given the large number of answers required, the reveal may stretch over a couple of nights :)
    Good luck :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Template was very useful ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Done.

I may or may not have made up some names :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Google allowed or not? Hard to think of names that start with q or x

Sheep is most popular answer, right?

Yup :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is Avensis not a model of car rather than a make? I would have said the make was Toyota.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm confused now between this and Peehs :D We're trying to get the same answer as everyone else here right?

miamee wrote: »
    I'm confused now between this and Peehs :D We're trying to get the same answer as everyone else here right?

Yep! Sheep is where you follow, Peehs is where you need to be unique!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Perfect, thanks Necro!

People's ages will make a big difference in this one as the fashionable names have changed down the years. Khaleesi for K for example might not be that obvious to the oldies.

And bollix to that as I just thought of a much more obvious K than the one I submitted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Just submitted, like this one. Definitely made up some names and thought I was real clever with one of them that I know won’t be counted :pac:

Aw damn it I done it as peehs :o Going to have to submit a new one later

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

*double checks it's sheep*

Ok yeah that should be fine. Not making that mistake again.

Right I sorted my life out. Kept some of my peehs names as I couldn’t think of any others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I think my job gives me an advantage in this game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Entered.

Q1: Do same names of different spelling get collated together or separately?

Eg, say it was boys' names, then would Eoin and Eoghan be together or separate?

Q2: What about different variants of the same name?

Eg, again, if it was boys, say: Robby and Robert, would they be together or separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Entered.

Eg, again, if it was boys, say: Robby and Robert, would they be together or separate?

I had similar questions but couldn't figure out how to ask it without giving away girls names.

I’m waiting for the answers to above :D

Me too *checks list*

Same question!
    What about spelling differences?
    Such as, <snip> & <snip> etc

• Advertisement

Entered.

Why does it matter? Just choose the one you think will be more common. If they are added together all the better :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I had similar questions but couldn't figure out how to ask it without giving away girls names.

The answers don't have to be girls names. They just have to be what everyone else picks so the names qb mentioned could well now be the top answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i'm in. this is where my list of girls names come in handy!!

all the girls who said no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Entered.

Eoin and Eoghan will be collated together. As long as the intent is obvious, then yes, I group for what is essentially the same name. If you are concerned about potential groupings, do try to use a common spelling. It is sheep after all and research is allowed :)

Robert and Robby would group. Robby and Bobby would not group

14 entrants in so far. Keep em coming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So google is ok in Sheep ?
    Ohhhhh :o

Google in Sheep
    No Google in Peehs

Unless otherwise stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

osh wrote: »