Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stratford College??

Options
  • 29-05-2019 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of sending my son for Senior Cycle to this college. It's small - about 130 pupils in the while secondary school. Good subject choice. Nice atmosphere, apparently very interested teachers. The local community school do their best, but lots of kids not interested and mitching. However, Stratford College, a fee paying schol - is 2 buses from us - I would bring my son to and from school on the days I would be working - roughly about 3 days - I work not too far from the school. Would also be happy to bring him and collect him on most other days that i am not working. Am I mad to think of this? I don't like a lot of the children he has met locally through the local school. I am generally not in favour of fee paying, but after some of the experiences my children and their friends, and their parents have had in some of the local schools, I can see why parents are going down the private route. Would welcome any advice/comment on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Teazer

Hi @Hannaho - how did it go with Stratford? Very difficult in our area (South Co Dublin) to get a place for my child, we recently got an offer from Stratford - and I'm considering this, given that there aren't any offers atm. My only apprehension is the commuting distance (about half a hour commute) and the size of the school grounds, though I think it shouldn't deter the kids in getting into more sports. Also, I like that their principal finished in a Catholic private school - in a sense, it assures me of my child being able to practice the Catholic faith in Stratford.

Advertisement