Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another gout question

• 29-05-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭

Gout is hereditary in my family although I am not as badly afflicted as my younger siblings are. After a few bad flare ups, the blood tests confirmed high uric acid and I’ve been on Adenuric daily for the last 6months. A blood test at the start of last month confirmed the uric acid was way down at normal levels.

So two questions:

1. I’m still getting the odd flare up and am wondering how long it should take for these to stop altogether?

2. If it’s a bad flare up, I take Diclac and Colgout which are the generics for Difene and Colcichine respectively. However I don’t think I get the same relief from these as I do from the original brand versions and would be interested if anyone has also had a similar experience?

Advertisement