Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media Internet - Carpenterstown

• 30-05-2019 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

How does everyone find the Virgin Media internet in Carpenterstown?
    Ours is only ok, and in the garden or back of the house it hardly works at all.

I noticed they were putting down fiber optic cables on Porterstown Rd last month but the installer said they were for a new area and not locally.

Just wondering if i'm the only 1 having issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

The quality of the Wifi signal at the back of your house is very dependent on the distance from the router, the number of items/walls in the way, what those things are made of and what wavelength you are connecting to.

If you find the signal does not travel far enough you are probably best getting an extender. Lots of different types available but i like the ones that work over the electrical system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have VM broadband and think it's great.
    I've had the ASUS "Dark Knight" RT-N66U router for years. Great range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

The quality of the Wifi signal at the back of your house is very dependent on the distance from the router, the number of items/walls in the way, what those things are made of and what wavelength you are connecting to.

If you find the signal does not travel far enough you are probably best getting an extender. Lots of different types available but i like the ones that work over the electrical system.

Good point. If you bring your wifi devices closer to the router (virgin media box), does the speed improve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

donaghs wrote: »
    Good point. If you bring your wifi devices closer to the router (virgin media box), does the speed improve?

You also have the problem in a built up area with interference from other Wifi signals so as yours becomes weaker the interference causes more problems. You can often change the channel it is on to reduce the interference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I get a lot of interference from other networks in the area and also metal beams in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Thats'great guys, i'm going to look into get an extender.
    Thanks for the tips

Advertisement