Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free pair of WH-1000XM3 headphones with Sony Xperia 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

The phone wont sell at 949. Even with the 350€ headphones will still struggle. Sony should get rid of their smartphone division all together. I dont know anyone that uses a Sony phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

dan786 wrote: »
    The phone wont sell at 949. Even with the 350€ headphones will still struggle. Sony should get rid of their smartphone division all together. I dont know anyone that uses a Sony phone.

well that's us told

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

Do I count? I use a Xperia XZ3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

I have an Xperia z5

wouldnt buy again....but at least its not a Huawei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

daheff wrote: »
    I have an Xperia z5

wouldnt buy again....but at least its not a Huawei

Insert roll eyes smiley here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Coincidentally, today's Irish Times had a review of these headphones, in case anyone's considering this offer and wants to know if they're any good.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have these headphones. They're excellent. I had a crying baby in the same row as me on a flight last week and I couldn't hear a thing when I had them on. Gesture controls are good as well. They're zippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I've owned a few Sony phones and agree with Dan. Their phones have been rubbish in recent years.

It does not bode well for their mobile division when they are losing hundreds of millions each year. (850 million EUR for 2018).

the sizing ratio of that phone is off - too tall.

it is true about sony phones - it's been years since they have been competitive from a price/value point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Whatever about their phones, they make great headphones. Have my current pair for about 3 years, one of the best buys I've ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Whatever about their phones, they make great headphones. Have my current pair for about 3 years, one of the best buys I've ever made.

I can guarantee that you don't have XM3s for about 3 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can guarantee that you don't have XM3s for about 3 years!

Ha it's the BTN200 I have. Don't know much about headphones in my defence!

they still make good headphones alright

phones not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

The Offer is back for the first 200 who buy the phone
    https://estore.sonymobile.com/gb/sony-xperia-1-wh-1000xm3-black-uk-ie-317559/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Went through a phase of buying Sony phones for a while. They were great in some ways (cameras very good) but lag and battery life made them utterly frustrating.

Advertisement