Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camouflage hide netting

• 30-05-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Where is everyone buying their netting these day's.Dealer,eBay,Amazon or somewhere else.If you have some you'd recommend could you put up a link.Some of the pictures online make the netting look very bright but maybe they are different in the field.How much netting are people using for a 1 man hide.Also any ideas on cheap and hardy hide poles.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

This is one I got recently, haven't used it yet but anything I got from Decathlon in the past was good quality for the price.
    The photos below is of the netting and one of the front and back together. For €17 it's worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

I use two of these, doubled up mostly but one did me fine for ages on its own and gives you pretty much a meter square hide if you have 3 sides and back to a ditch. Only got the second one to make it wider to accommodate a friend in the hide with me. https://www.sportsden.ie/hunting-accesories/hunting-accessories/decoys-equipment/jack-pyke-pigeon-net-3-x2-4.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Asus1 wrote: »
    Where is everyone buying their netting these day's.Dealer,eBay,Amazon or somewhere else.If you have some you'd recommend could you put up a link.Some of the pictures online make the netting look very bright but maybe they are different in the field.How much netting are people using for a 1 man hide.Also any ideas on cheap and hardy hide poles.Thanks

If your anywhere near Prosperous in Kildare McCarthys have the camo netting for sale by the meter.

Might be worth calling in and having a look at it.

I used a similar one years ago and from what I can remember could make the hide - front and two sided with the roof with about three yards of it.

I used bamboo poles back then but I understand Lidl sometimes sell clothesline poles which are the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Rosahane wrote: »
    If your anywhere near Prosperous in Kildare McCarthys have the camo netting for sale by the meter.

Might be worth calling in and having a look at it.

I used a similar one years ago and from what I can remember could make the hide - front and two sided with the roof with about three yards of it.

I used bamboo poles back then but I understand Lidl sometimes sell clothesline poles which are the business.

To answer my own question,I've ordered a 5×1.5 metre netting from eBay.Got it for €7 as i used addresspal and i got a £5 off any order over £10 code when i used addresspal as my primary address so all in with delivery it should cost around €12.Have no idea of quality but at tgat price was worth a shot.Can put up link if anyone is interested or can put up code for£5 off £10.

Advertisement