Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceled monitoring, after one year installation is gone

Options
  • 30-05-2019 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all,
    About 4 years ago I bought a HKC alarm system and I opted for 3 years of monitoring.
    Last year I canceled monitoring but I could continue to set alarm on and off via remote + app, until yesterday.

Now, if I log into the app, it says "The service for this installation has been cancelled...".
    Is there a way I can reconfigure the system, by adding a new "site" maybe?
    I don't know if they changed the engineering code.

Do I need to contact an installer to get this done?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This is another example of why not to get yourself tied into these paid for services.
    The app can be set up independently of the monitoring but with HKCs there will still be a monthly or annual charge

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

KoolKid wrote: »
    This is another example of why not to get yourself tied into these paid for services.
    The app can be set up independently of the monitoring but with HKCs there will still be a monthly or annual charge

Thanks, what do you recommend then?
    I need to be able to set alarms on and off, also I need the app to be informed if there is a potential break-in, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I am guessing your sim card is out of credit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

robnet77 wrote: »
    Thanks, what do you recommend then?
    I need to be able to set alarms on and off, also I need the app to be informed if there is a potential break-in, please.

Go to another installer and get the app connected directly. You can then have your own account set up to HKC securecom. The charge is €60 per annum. (If the latest increase hasn't been applied yet)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Go to another installer and get the app connected directly. You can then have your own account set up to HKC securecom. The charge is €60 per annum. (If the latest increase hasn't been applied yet)

Thanks.

Are installers still present on this forum?

I'd like to get this done today if at all possible.
    I'm at work but there's someone at home who could receive an installer's visit.

Can they send me PMs? Or should I contact them myself? Thanks.

• Advertisement

I am guessing your sim card is out of credit.

Thanks, it's quite likely then.

I guess I'll need to start a yearly contract, but whom should I contact please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Look at the sticky for suppliers. They all install HKC bar one or two.

Info is on this forum

Advertisement