Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build double water charges

Options
  • 30-05-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

We are in the middle of a new build.

I was under the impression that Irish water have now taken over the country for new water connections, which in our case is 2272 euros to be connected to the public mains.

On our planning permission the council are looking for 575 euros for public water supply.

This seems like a double charge to me and should have been eliminated when Irish water took over the charging.

Has anyone else been in this situation on their new build?

Many thanks.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We are in the middle of a new build.

I was under the impression that Irish water have now taken over the country for new water connections, which in our case is 2272 euros to be connected to the public mains.

On our planning permission the council are looking for 575 euros for public water supply.

This seems like a double charge to me and should have been eliminated when Irish water took over the charging.

Has anyone else been in this situation on their new build?

Many thanks.

€2272 for the Drainage connections
    €575 for the mains water connection (drinking water?

maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

kceire wrote: »
    €2272 for the Drainage connections
    €575 for the mains water connection (drinking water?

maybe?

No sewer connection, strictly for mains water connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Any new builds face this double charge?:confused::confused:

Advertisement