Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Stick Frying Pan Recommendations

Options
  • 30-05-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for advice on a decent frying pan. Budget wise I'm happy to spend the money if the quality is decent. I have been using a non stick saute pan from Stellar but the non stick coating has probably seen better days. I would like a metal handle so I can put the pan in the oven if necessary but this isn't a deal breaker.

I'd prefer a Teflon coating as I don't really want the hassle of stainless steal or cast iron.

Should I just go and buy a Tefal or is there a decent brand/shop I should look at before hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm a big fan of Circulon for non stick stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Alun wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Circulon for non stick stuff.

Me too.
    Although not as non stick as Teflon, they last much, much, much longer.
    I keep an inexpensive, Teflon coated pan just for fish. Cast iron for high temp searing meat. Circulon does everything else, including omelettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just thought I'd update. I went with a frying pan from a catering supplies place. Only €30 and does the job. If the non stick starts sticking then I'll get another one! Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can't beat IKEA, think I paid around a tenner for my pan from there, hardly even need to use oil with it.

Advertisement