Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Race 31

Options
  • 30-05-2019 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭

About half way through the season and I'm really enjoying it. A mix of previous racers, survivor contestants and big brother house guests.

I want to do that gorge jump in Switzerland! :o
    All the challenges in the episode were great....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Its been an alright season so far. I wish there was a bit more self-driving and somewhat harder charges. For the most parts, it seems most teams get the roadblocks/detours done on their first go without having the struggle for hours like previous seasons lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think it's a competitive group though. There aren't many weak links (compared to a season of 'unknowns')

I don't think the challenges are any easier than previous years, the contestants are just good at the challenges.

There were some challenges that tripped up a few people - like the alphabet in front of the kids, or the karaoke. I think I'd struggle with those ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

hasdanta wrote: »
    Its been an alright season so far. I wish there was a bit more self-driving and somewhat harder charges. For the most parts, it seems most teams get the roadblocks/detours done on their first go without having the struggle for hours like previous seasons lol

I said the same thing half way through last nights episode. There had been no driving at all and then they got the cars! I wonder if its because they dont have a car sponsorship deal this year. Other seasons they would be pushing the brand hard. Didn't even show what cars they had. Self drive always makes it more exciting I think.
    I really like Nic and Victor. Never liked her in BB though. Reilly sisters are awful people but add drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah solid season so far. Would be great to see them return to Ireland at some point - seem to be hitting a lot of the same Countries over and over again for the past few seasons so the challenges aren't as unique as they were in the early years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sad to see Brittany go last week, she's one of my all time faves. Hadn't heard about her child's struggles at all.

Rooting for Vic and Nic now. I initially thought they were an odd couple when Vic proposed but they do seem like a good pair.

Rachel is reality tv villain gold. Even Elissa struggles with her behaviour at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Sad to see Brittany go last week, she's one of my all time faves. Hadn't heard about her child's struggles at all.

Rooting for Vic and Nic now. I initially thought they were an odd couple when Vic proposed but they do seem like a good pair.

Rachel is reality tv villain gold. Even Elissa struggles with her behaviour at times.

Yeah Rachel is great, she's one of those people you just love to hate. Can't see this speed bump twist going well for her.

I'd either like to see Victor and Nicole or Chris and Brett win it at this stage. Nothing against any of the original Amazing Race teams, but more likely they'll do something along these lines more frequently if a Survivor or Big Brother team were to take the win.

Well you called that one. :)

Great episode. Loved the public vote. Very awkward, but fun to watch.

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyable episode. Rachel breaks the record and goes out in the same leg.

The TAR teams still look the strongest but hopefully they won't make up the entire final 3 teams.

Agh, they end up going to London. I'll be raging if I find out they were anywhere near me.

Fair play to Nicole and Vic, really didn't expect them to do so well going into this season. Winning will be a big ask but it ain't easy being rookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I am glad team fun went. Don't get the buzz about them. And a few weeks ago the presenter said there be no more non elimination races so I don't get why Becka was so shocked, also the bit with the eggs was quite rude.

• Advertisement

"Is there an easier way down?" - I love Nicole. :o

I'd love to see Nicole and Victor win, but they are the underdogs now (especially if the other teams work together).

I always found team fun to be team irritating, to be honest.

The Netherlands looked gorgeous. The whole episode was a picture postcard for the country (and Kampen).

Had never heard of Giethoorn before. Might just have to visit that whole area now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

they really need to do something about the teaming up - especially towards the end as it's too much of an advantage.

Poor Nicole and Victor. I knew by the location of their post leg interview that they were the ones that came fourth so it was a tough watch. I don't think they had a chance of winning to be honest but would have been nice if they got to the final leg.

Great finale. The drum challenge was cool (with a brilliant musical backdrop).

Out of the teams in the finale, I'm delighted for Colin and Christie. Such a great couple (and a great comeback in the 11th leg).

Sorry Nic and Vic didn't get to the last leg though.

Super season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Had never heard of Giethoorn before. Might just have to visit that whole area now.

Gorgeous. My son is picking his erasmus for Jan- think I might have to persuade him on Holland! Mammy will have to take him to make sure he settles in and visit to make sure he's ok :)

Advertisement