Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the greatest Champions League season?

• 30-05-2019 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

There's been some amazing games, edge of the seat two legged ties. The games in main have felt like they could could go all the way. Even before the final I think this is the most entertaining and probably the best CL season yet. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

There's been some amazing games, edge of the seat two legged ties. The games in main have felt like they could could go all the way. Even before the final I think this is the most entertaining and probably the best CL season yet. Thoughts?

Given the teams, we have, no.

I say that as a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Given the teams, we have, no.

I say that as a Liverpool fan.

To expand on that, the best Liverpool team beat the best Barca team, but the two best teams are not in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    To expand on that, the best Liverpool team beat the best Barca team, but the two best teams are not in the final.

Well this isn't the best Barca team. What I'm getting at moreso is that the overall quality of the games, knockout particularly is immense this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Last year was pretty epic too in fairness. The Juve V Spurs games, Liverpool V City, Roma V Barcelona, Juventus V Madrid, Liverpool V Roma, Madrid V Bayern - lots of drama and turnarounds on show throughout the knockouts.

Even the previous year had the PSG V Barca crackers, City V Monico, Leicester's run, Bayern putting 10 past Arsenal over 2 legs.

The champions league has just been fairly brilliant craic over the past few years all in all really - best competition in the world at the moment for entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah the last few years have been very good to be fair.

Pity they couldn't liven up the group stages a bit.....majority of them are formalities for the big teams.

the tournament doesn't really get going until March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yep, go back to 92/93 for quality.

The CL is like the Euros and the WC. The more you dilute it, well, do I need to explain it any further????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Greatest? Probably not. Most entertaining? Certainly has been for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Apart from the Group stages, the knockout rounds have been very entertaining, the re-emergence of Ajax was great to see, United doing PSG, the two semi finals, great entertainment.

Group stages over last few years becoming very boring, I don't bother tuning in to CL until feb.

Advertisement