Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Sportives/events 2019

Options
  • 31-05-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Apart from the best and obvious ones that I know of...
    Anyone got any recommendations for June...

8th Evil 200 (the best);)
    9th Wicklow (obvious)

30th Leinster loop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

McNally Swords CC annual sportive on 16th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

McNally Swords CC annual sportive on 16th June.
    More details and registration here: https://swordscc.com/touring/two-county-challenge

Lots here

http://irishsportives.ie/events/category/june/

I intend doing W200 and the Leinster Loop, (never did it before)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Tour of louth on this Sunday folks, hosted by cuchulainn cc in Dundalk. Info on their FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Jack & Jill on in Gorey on 8th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Lots here

http://irishsportives.ie/events/category/june/

I intend doing W200 and the Leinster Loop, (never did it before)

The Leinster Loop is pretty good - I've done it twice and both times it has been well supported, although can be quite pacey at the start as the route is fairly flat for the first bit.

I can't say that its the most scenic route I've ever done though - but it is well organised and the only sportive I've done where they organise groups to leave the main food stop together at regular intervals - you can blast off on your own if you wish, but if you want to get the benefit of being in a group again (at least for a little while) then this is the way to go.

Plenty of food and good parking/facilities at the start/finish point.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

If your anywhere near Co Clare on the 15th give this one a go, great route, great grub, loads of marshals and now it's
    run in conjunction with West Clare Cycling Club and is a registered Cycling Ireland event
    It had a late move to the 15th because of President Trumps visit to Doonbeg

Some of the proceeds go to these Charities
    Happy Feet Happy Minds
    West Clare Cancer Support Group

https://www.facebook.com/EstuaryChallenge/
    https://estuary120.doodlekit.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 25 a_shed

AxleAddict wrote: »
    The Leinster Loop is pretty good - I've done it twice and both times it has been well supported, although can be quite pacey at the start as the route is fairly flat for the first bit.

I can't say that its the most scenic route I've ever done though - but it is well organised and the only sportive I've done where they organise groups to leave the main food stop together at regular intervals - you can blast off on your own if you wish, but if you want to get the benefit of being in a group again (at least for a little while) then this is the way to go.

Plenty of food and good parking/facilities at the start/finish point.

Hi, maybe I'm blind but I can't see on the website where the food/water stops are for the 145k. Would anyone know where these are?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

a_shed wrote: »
    Hi, maybe I'm blind but I can't see on the website where the food/water stops are for the 145k. Would anyone know where these are?

I can't see any info on the website either, but assuming the route hasn't changed since last year, here's some final info they emailed out before the event regarding the route:
    • Food Stop on the 145 km and 100 km routes is at Flynns Nissan & Cycletrax, Carlow. This is at the 81 km mark for the 145 km route, and 40 km on the 100 km route. The 55 km food stop is at Castledermot GAA Club at the 27 km point.
    • There will be an additional water stop at Tynte Park, Dunlavin – 15 kms from home for the two longer routes. Please ensure you move well in off the road at the water stops for everyone’s safety and exercise caution when stopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Haven't seen this posted - some of you might consider supporting it. Nice route and you get to see the sun come up.

The Solstice Cycle in Memory of Seán Lynch
    Ashbourne, Co Meath
    Two routes, 50km and 80km from Ashbourne Pillo Hotel

Kicks off at 5am with breakfast served at the finish between 7-8am. Online registration here for anyone interested https://eventmaster.ie/event/JLjhpvHRk?fbclid=IwAR2fCqmgYd40qdXW_Smr1nvyjP-2IG_PfnanVEpvSGF7rVnjwPWeeXX4XG4

• Registered Users Posts: 25 a_shed

AxleAddict wrote: »
    I can't see any info on the website either, but assuming the route hasn't changed since last year, here's some final info they emailed out before the event regarding the route:
    • Food Stop on the 145 km and 100 km routes is at Flynns Nissan & Cycletrax, Carlow. This is at the 81 km mark for the 145 km route, and 40 km on the 100 km route. The 55 km food stop is at Castledermot GAA Club at the 27 km point.
    • There will be an additional water stop at Tynte Park, Dunlavin – 15 kms from home for the two longer routes. Please ensure you move well in off the road at the water stops for everyone’s safety and exercise caution when stopping.

So apparently the stops are Killeshin (water), Carlow (food) and Baltinglass (water) for the 145k, which is approx 45k, 70k and 110k respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

daragh_ wrote: »
    Haven't seen this posted - some of you might consider supporting it. Nice route and you get to see the sun come up.

The Solstice Cycle in Memory of Seán Lynch
    Ashbourne, Co Meath
    Two routes, 50km and 80km from Ashbourne Pillo Hotel

Kicks off at 5am with breakfast served at the finish between 7-8am. Online registration here for anyone interested https://eventmaster.ie/event/JLjhpvHRk?fbclid=IwAR2fCqmgYd40qdXW_Smr1nvyjP-2IG_PfnanVEpvSGF7rVnjwPWeeXX4XG4

I signed up this morning.
    They're expecting a good crowd.
    About 120 have signed up online. A further 300 have expressed interest.
    I cycled most of the course yesterday. Roads are all in good condition. The road to Tara Hill has been resurfaced since the last time I was on it, and is now in great condition, no gravel on it at all.
    There're a couple of climbs on the spin, nothing mad.
    At Rosnaree, there's a sharp short climb only a couple of hundred metres long. A couple of kms. later there's a a drag of about 2 kms, maybe 4 or 5%.
    And then Tara, which isn't that bad.

You can register online, but you can also sign up on the morning, I rang one of the organisers.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I cycled most of the course yesterday. Roads are all in good condition. The road to Tara Hill has been resurfaced since the last time I was on it, and is now in great condition, no gravel on it at all.
    At Rosnaree, there's a sharp short climb only a couple of hundred metres long. A couple of kms. later there's a a drag of about 2 kms, maybe 4 or 5%.

You can register online, but you can also sign up on the morning, I rang one of the organisers.

Signed up, good cause, looking forward to the breakfast already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭plodder

Eamonnator wrote: »

That was a nice spin on very quiet roads. The breakfast was good too.

Advertisement