Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians can't find my glasses

Options
  • 31-05-2019 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

So, three weeks ago I left my glasses in to a local opticians. The arm had come off so I asked if it was possible to repair/replace it. They said it was possible and that they would need to look for a matching arm off the supplier or something similar. They took the glasses and my name and phone number and said they would give me a ring.

Didn't hear anything for the next few days but I expected that since they would get on to the supplier. I then went away for two weeks on holiday. When i came home I called into them to ask about the glasses, since I hadn't heard from them the whole time I was away. The lady at the desk looked for the glasses and couldn't find them. I was a bit frustrated and asked her how could they lose them and she said "At least they're your second pair.", and said she would look more and I should call in today.

Honestly, I don't see how them being my second pair matters. Yes, they are broken, but they're expensive to replace. I still want them back. Just wondering what recourse do I have here if they have lost my glasses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

"At least they're your second pair."

Say that at least they will be paying for your second pair of glasses, as it's their responsibility to not lose your glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did they check on top of their head?

They may be just trying to buy time until they turn up.
    I would suggest that you do not want to wait and they must replace them with a pair of at least equal value (with frames you select) and you want that order initiated immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, did they give you a repair docket. Hang on to that and do not give it to them under any circumstances. If they ask for it, tell them they can write down the number but you're hanging onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

coylemj wrote: »
    OP, did they give you a repair docket. Hang on to that and do not give it to them under any circumstances. If they ask for it, tell them they can write down the number but you're hanging onto it.

No repair docket unfortunately. They're a small, local opticians I've been going to without a bother for years so I didn't even think of it to be honest. I just trusted they would get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I'd say there just blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No repair docket unfortunately. They're a small, local opticians I've been going to without a bother for years so I didn't even think of it to be honest. I just trusted they would get it sorted.

It's an accident. These things happen unfortunately. My cousin left her wedding ring in to a jewellers and it disappeared. The jeweller was devastated, she was devastated, he gave her a replacement of more than double the value in monetary terms which she has no mass in. She said she feels bad for taking such an expensive ring from him but he insisted.

Hopefully yours will turn up but, if you are bothered purely in a practical sense, just ask them to replace them as soon as they can.

Advertisement