Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up Accounts for kids

• 31-05-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hello
    I have my own PSN account but my young fellas got Sonic racing yesterday. They're mad to play the game together. Is it possible to set them up with their own accounts and link them into my own account so that I'm not paying 3 annual subs? They can then play 2 player. From what I was reading each account needs it's own email address for set up.
    Any help here would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

There's no need to pay for 3 annual subs, regardless of how you set them up.

If all you want them to do is play together against the AI and not go online, then all you need to do is create a profile for each of them on the PS4 and when they turn on a controller they will be asked to pick their profile. Once that's done they can play away and you don't need to worry about any of the online stuff.

If you want them to play online, you will have to set up a PSN family and create child accounts for them. There are good instructions on how to do that here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/family-management/
    The PSN family is covered by the one PS+ sub you have, so any account you create here can play online using your sub.

Be aware though, that if you set up a child account for them, they may be restricted from going online anyway, depending on what you put as their ages and what age rating the game has.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    There's no need to pay for 3 annual subs, regardless of how you set them up.

If all you want them to do is play together against the AI and not go online, then all you need to do is create a profile for each of them on the PS4 and when they turn on a controller they will be asked to pick their profile. Once that's done they can play away and you don't need to worry about any of the online stuff.

If you want them to play online, you will have to set up a PSN family and create child accounts for them. There are good instructions on how to do that here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/family-management/
    The PSN family is covered by the one PS+ sub you have, so any account you create here can play online using your sub.

Be aware though, that if you set up a child account for them, they may be restricted from going online anyway, depending on what you put as their ages and what age rating the game has.

Bloat thank you do much!! I've two happy campers downstairs. Really appreciated!!

Advertisement