Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed Leixlip Local Area Plan 2020-2026

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I posted about the previous draft LAP here before, and there wasn't much interest. There is a lot more discussion on FB groups, particularly Leixlip Parents and Leixlip needs you, if people are looking for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

Does anyone have a brief description of what the plans are?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tastyt wrote: »
    ?
    It is the council's plan for Leixlip for the next 5 years.
    For me, I think they haven't factored in sustainable transport to any useful level.

tastyt wrote: »

Read the council document. It's fairly easy going.

Some good ideas, some terrible ideas. Some completely contradictory stuff in there too.

Was at the information session earlier in Leixlip library. KCC staff present were engaging, but were not well versed on the details, and were unable to answer many questions as a result. One said to me "I was only put on this project a few days ago". Go figure.

People from Confey need to pay particular attention to this as it has the potential to affect their everyday lives, from school places, to access to GPs, to traffic, public transport and property values. Much of it in a negative way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement