Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonkers.ie avoid their service

Options
  • 31-05-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

I moved electricity supplier from Energia to Bord Gais using the service of bonkers.ie for the switching process. Going by their calculator I would likely save maybe 150€ a year on a -21% Affinity deal.

Sure enough the Bord Gais bills started rolling in seems like a flat €74 a month but looks like both Energia and BG charged me for the switching month. averaging the ESB costs since the switch looks like I have actually spent net +5% more on BG even with the discount than I was billed by Energia in the last five month of that contract. (excluding the month of over charging).

I contacted bonkers and presented all the information - was told to go to BG who I had anyway presented the same information to BG and am awaiting an answer. I would go direct to the providers now and avoid bonkers.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

How is the billing the fault of bonkers? Surely they just facilitate the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Of course you need to check the correct discount was applied to your account, and it sounds like that's happening.

have you any reason to suppose that bonkers made a mistake in their figures etc?

Or is your complaint i expected to save more money? you know electricity prices have risen across the board, yes? your discount is against the standard charge. if the standard change rises so does your bill. So the question is not how much did you save over last years bill, but how much would you have been charged if you hadn't switched.

What exactly do you suppose bonkers did wrong, and in what way do you think going directly to supplier would have rectified this?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BG bills being flat means you're on level pay. Its spring/early summer - you overpay this time of year. Also, the majority of people who have related how level pay has worked for them find that they're forever in credit as the suppliers usually like to keep a cushion of your money.

As goes charged for the switching month twice - this would be down to billing cycles, you can't have been charged for the same units twice. An overlap in standing charges could happen but due to an error by the new supplier, not a price comparison site.

Advertisement