Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for Ireland State Savings

• 31-05-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

how long roughly does it take from the day you send your application for ireland state savings to getting approval. it will be my first time with ireland state savings
    also say for the 5 or 10 year lump sum investment, for some unknown reason i may need the money before my term ends, my initial amount is safe, is that correct?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

When you say ‘send your application’ do you mean drawing it down when the term ends, or buying it on day one? To buy it, you literally just buy the bond over the counter in the post office and the paperwork comes out in the post a few days later. I don’t think there’s any approval process as such.

And - yes - State Savings are guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

When you say ‘send your application’ do you mean drawing it down when the term ends, or buying it on day one? To buy it, you literally just buy the bond over the counter in the post office and the paperwork comes out in the post a few days later. I don’t think there’s any approval process as such.

And - yes - State Savings are guaranteed.

i downloaded the application form, im filling that out and sending it off to them along with certified copies on my identity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Usually no more than ten days or so.

Advertisement