Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Stop Blanchardstown

Options
  • 31-05-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Did they move the bus stop that time from the slip road when there was all the trouble with muggings? Where is it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Did they move the bus stop that time from the slip road when there was all the trouble with muggings? Where is it now?

I don't know about muggings bar one reported but it was a joke of a bus stop, an insult and disregard to people and a joke of a service.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think it was moved across the road from the Crowne Plaza. Not ideal traffic wise for buses to come in there but at least they'll just come in past the hotel, go all rhe way around the roundabout and back out the contra bus lane (where the stop is)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah it's moved to right beside the crown plaza. Where the 39a goes left at the plaza you'll see the bus stop there

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

miamee wrote: »
    I think it was moved across the road from the Crowne Plaza. Not ideal traffic wise for buses to come in there but at least they'll just come in past the hotel, go all rhe way around the roundabout and back out the contra bus lane (where the stop is)

The 105 has to come in through the shopping centre anyway because it stops at the stop beside eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

That Crowne Plaza stop is at least somewhere easily accessible, even if the traffic might be bad. That 'slip road' stop location was a complete joke.

Where is the 'inbound' stop? Say I'm coming from Navan and want to get off at the shopping centre?

• Advertisement

Polar101 wrote: »
    That Crowne Plaza stop is at least somewhere easily accessible, even if the traffic might be bad. That 'slip road' stop location was a complete joke.

Where is the 'inbound' stop? Say I'm coming from Navan and want to get off at the shopping centre?

For navan it would be the beside the slip road for going back on to the n3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

For navan it would be the beside the slip road for going back on to the n3
    On the opposite side of N3 to the centre?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3967749,-6.3915274,17.58z (near the "Corduff Park" marker?).

That's a decent walking distance from the centre because you have to go the roundabout near Liberty Insurance or cross a number of roads (with slow pedestrian light cycles) to go to the Crowne Plaza area.

daymobrew wrote: »
    On the opposite side of N3 to the centre?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3967749,-6.3915274,17.58z (near the "Corduff Park" marker?).

That's a decent walking distance from the centre because you have to go the roundabout near Liberty Insurance or cross a number of roads (with slow pedestrian light cycles) to go to the Crowne Plaza area.

Yep that's the one there. It's quite cumbersome but it's the easiest way for it to come up off the N3 and go back down without taking up too much time.

I don't use it regularly btw I live here and was just going down to a family members for a BBQ on Saturday and had no car that day.

Shambles of a service, got to the Crowne Plaza stop and it said there was a bus due in 1 min at the stop at ebay, for some reason the real time at the crowne plaza doesn't work, so thought I was grand cos the traffic in the centre was horrible, no bus turned up and we ended up waiting another 45 minutes for a bus to arrive even though they're supposed to be on the half hour. I also had fierce trouble finding fare info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's short enough by the hotel and Captain America's.

Yep that's the one there. It's quite cumbersome but it's the easiest way for it to come up off the N3 and go back down without taking up too much time.

I don't use it regularly btw I live here and was just going down to a family members for a BBQ on Saturday and had no car that day.

Shambles of a service, got to the Crowne Plaza stop and it said there was a bus due in 1 min at the stop at ebay, for some reason the real time at the crowne plaza doesn't work, so thought I was grand cos the traffic in the centre was horrible, no bus turned up and we ended up waiting another 45 minutes for a bus to arrive even though they're supposed to be on the half hour. I also had fierce trouble finding fare info.

I assumed you were referring to this stop in your original post. It's a complete joke. There are trip hazards on the ground and I have seen people trip on them. Sometimes the bus driver doesn't even bother to come up off the N3.
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3976474,-6.3931773,3a,75y,224.11h,79.78t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syVIAKEtT5qDXx1xMVmPLjg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Advertisement

I assumed you were referring to this stop in your original post. It's a complete joke. There are trip hazards on the ground and I have seen people trip on them. Sometimes the bus driver doesn't even bother to come up off the N3.
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3976474,-6.3931773,3a,75y,224.11h,79.78t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syVIAKEtT5qDXx1xMVmPLjg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

That's the old stop heading towards Meath they moved it to opposite the crowne plaza because there was some muggings reported outside this isolated stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Is the bus stop just after blanch village on the N3 still in use? Will have a friend visiting and I normally drop them to the bus there.

Caranica wrote: »
    Is the bus stop just after blanch village on the N3 still in use? Will have a friend visiting and I normally drop them to the bus there.

The one beside eBay? It is for route 105. The others carry on down the n3 and come up just at the crowne plaza now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's short enough by the hotel and Captain America's.
    It seems to be just over 500m.
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7378557

I am talking about the eastbound stop (from Navan to Dublin) and then walking into Blanchardstown Centre. I know that the westbound stop is opposite the hotel.

I realise that it is the easiest stop for the buses as getting in and out of Blanchardstown Centre could otherwise be a nightmare.

It seems to be just over 500m.
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7378557

I am talking about the eastbound stop (from Navan to Dublin) and then walking into Blanchardstown Centre. I know that the westbound stop is opposite the hotel.

I realise that it is the easiest stop for the buses as getting in and out of Blanchardstown Centre could otherwise be a nightmare.

Even some of the busses had trouble getting to the westbound stop from the n3 on Saturday because of the traffic. Took ages for them to get up the slip and then around the roundabout to get back down.

That's the old stop heading towards Meath they moved it to opposite the crowne plaza because there was some muggings reported outside this isolated stop.

Okay, so it is or is not the one you referred to in your original post? I assumed it was. Need to update myself on the new stops for an elderly person who relies on 109 service to and from Dublin, although they have kind of given up on it by now. It is a shameful service. Spend all their money on new buses but can't deliver a half decent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Caranica wrote: »
    The one beside eBay? It is for route 105. The others carry on down the n3 and come up just at the crowne plaza now

I think Caranica may be talking about the one on the N3 itself between the junction for the village and the slip road at the Garda station?

Okay, so it is or is not the one you referred to in your original post? I assumed it was. Need to update myself on the new stops for an elderly person who relies on 109 service to and from Dublin, although they have kind of given up on it by now. It is a shameful service. Spend all their money on new buses but can't deliver a half decent service.
    I'm not really understanding you. In my first post I was asking where this bus stop has been moved to as it is now out of commission because of muggings in the area. The stop is now located opposite the crowne plaza on the slip road beside the shopping centre.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I think Caranica may be talking about the one on the N3 itself between the junction for the village and the slip road at the Garda station?

Aha in that case I'm not 100 percent but looking at the nx service timetable it's not in use for that route

I'm not really understanding you. In my first post I was asking where this bus stop has been moved to as it is now out of commission because of muggings in the area. The stop is now located opposite the crowne plaza on the slip road beside the shopping centre.

Sorry, I am confused too. I thought you were asking did they move the bus stop? and where did they move it to? I assumed you meant this stop:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3976474,-6.3931773,3a,75y,222.63h,81.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syVIAKEtT5qDXx1xMVmPLjg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

and I am now struggling to figure out where it was moved to. Am I right in thinking they moved it to here or hereabouts?:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.395723,-6.3909183,3a,75y,224.95h,88.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOlzTmCvEQgix-eSozWdlEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Advertisement

Sorry, I am confused too. I thought you were asking did they move the bus stop? and where did they move it to? I assumed you meant this stop:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3976474,-6.3931773,3a,75y,222.63h,81.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syVIAKEtT5qDXx1xMVmPLjg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

and I am now struggling to figure out where it was moved to. Am I right in thinking they moved it to here or hereabouts?:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.395723,-6.3909183,3a,75y,224.95h,88.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOlzTmCvEQgix-eSozWdlEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Haha yes, seems we finally get each other. The second image is where the bus stop is now.

Advertisement