Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI Network new Build

Options
  • 31-05-2019 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello
    Mods If this is placed in wrong forum feel free to move. Recently bought a new build but trying to work out how electrician has wired up house for internet. House was sold as wired throughout with Cat 6 cabling. This was a white lie at best.

Living room is wired up with a Cat 6 cable to both ends of sitting room along with satellite cables. All rooms in house have coax cable running to them but not cat6 cabling. Cat 6 and coax Cables Terminate in Attic storage room. House is 3 floors and each floor has then got a point where a wifi booster can be placed to make sure wifi signal is good throughout house as modem is downstairs.

When i removed blank plates where wifi boosters can be placed i only found a CAT 6 cable but no power cables. Should they not have placed a cable for power as means to power wifi boosters?

See attached picture of what i see when blank plate on ceiling removed

Pat

Comments

Advertisement