Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTTC Help

• 31-05-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,

To cut a verrry long story short. I’m buying a new build house and hoping to move in 5 weeks time. This is the final phase of a ghost estate. Currently 80-90 houses currently connected to a green cabinet with fibre 100mb bb.

Eir attempted installation on the 14th but there is no copper cable supplied to pit outside my house. OpenEur agreed on the 20th to install the needed infrastructure (copper) to get me up and running. Happy days you’d think however a call this afternoon from the fulfillment team the decision has now been changed and will not be going ahead as planned.

I currently work at home and need a fixed line broadband with a reliable connection so a mobile or satellite broadband is not a solution. KN networks told me on the 14th it’s a 2 hour job and they can do it but they aren’t allowed.

Can anyone provide a solution to this massive headache or I won’t be able to do my job. Is there an independent installer to connect this up or am I st the mercy of openeir whenever they decide to do it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its up to them.

Previously you could have forced them but the requirements were changed and now they only have to give you a wireless phone system which has no broadband capabilities.

Get your new neighbours to help become a pain in their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I'm having a similar issue. New build house in an established estate. Booked an installation with Eir for a line to test before getting broadband set up but they cancelled as I "don't have a line" so I can't get the service. Got offered the wireless option. Neighbours have eir already. Makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Does anyone have any suggestions or options ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Other suggestion is to find someone in the 80-90 houses which are serviced and see if they want part of their broadband bill paid and setup a wireless link between them and you once you can get line of site - chimney/roof fun - very doable, example of the devices you can use.

Now...it might be breaking terms of their ISP service, so read the small print

Advertisement