Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a consultant in Rotunda

Options
  • 31-05-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a bad experience at the coombe when I had my little one, I'm thinking of going the Rotunda semi private or private this time. Can anyone recommend a consultant at the Rotunda?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had Richard Horgan and Michael Geary, would highly recommend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

Toots wrote: »

Thanks for the recommendation, do you mind me asking how much it was to go private? My insurance covers a certain amount just want to know how much we'll have to cover ourself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

3500-4000, as far as I remember from looking.I had three in the Rotunda, through the semi-private clinic-had a different consultant with each, but three very good experiences.I can't recommend I'm afraid as I think the last doctor I had was retiring and the one previous to that had cut his clinic hours way down in the Rotunda so I don't know if he is still there.But a really good experience on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Toots wrote: »

I second both of these.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Justsmile1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation, do you mind me asking how much it was to go private? My insurance covers a certain amount just want to know how much we'll have to cover ourself

I think, as shesty said, between 3 and 4k depending on consultant. I had them semi private, and it was €1100, which covers everything - all scans, bloods, etc. I didn't have to pay extra for anything. My insurance paid back €500 of that, and then you can claim 20% back on your tax against anything the insurance doesn't cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I saw Sam Coulter Smith. I would definitely go back to him. I think the fees for private are pretty much similar for all consultants €3-4k. Highly recommend the Rotunda private. I ended up getting €850 back from my health insurance then 20% back in tax. Ring the switch they will give you prices over the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cosyrosie

Hi All,

Delighted to have found this forum! Going to be a first time Mam so I am new to all of this kind of chat. I informed my doctor I will be going semi-private or private (still deciding) in the Rotunda. I'm just wondering if I go semi-private do I pick my consultant or how does it work? Also if anyone could recommend a female consultant in the Rotunda it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Semi-private, they tend to give you an appointment on a day, and you can stick with whoever you get that day then, after that.Or you could research their site and chose one?I had Dr Mary Holohan last time and she was lovely but I think she may have retired now.

Advertisement