Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Antonio Reyes 1983-2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

RIP José.
    A real loss, fantastic player on his day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shocked to hear this. Awful news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Awful news. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Well that's awful. Thoughts to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,359 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Horrible to hear such sad news. I was reading about his career, he won quite a bit. The BBC have an article up with lots of tributes. RIP.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48483157

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

RIP. Awful news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dreadful news. RIP. Hopefully he will be appropriately remembered before tonight's big game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

An Invincible too. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Dreadful news. RIP. Hopefully he will be appropriately remembered before tonight's big game.

there will be a minutes silence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Rest in Peace José Antonio, great player not just with Arsenal and Madrid but with Sevilla as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

It came out that he was going 237km/h when he crashed, with two passengers who have now both also apparently died. Sorry but what an absolute fcuking moron, any sympathy I had for his passing quickly evaporated after reading that. Only people I feel sorry for is his family who he has now left behind and the families of the other two deceased because of his total stupidity and selfishness.
    Imagine, 237km/h, I’d say most people here probably haven’t ever even been in a car going more than about 130/140 (I know I haven’t), throw on another 100km/h and that’s how fast he was gong. All just for a bit of a laugh no doubt, he apparently didn’t use the car in a few months and one of the tyres burst when doing the speed due to lack of maintenance.
    Clown of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Cake Man wrote: »
    It came out that he was going 237km/h when he crashed, with two passengers who have now both also apparently died. Sorry but what an absolute fcuking moron, any sympathy I had for his passing quickly evaporated after reading that. Only people I feel sorry for is his family who he has now left behind and the families of the other two deceased because of his total stupidity and selfishness.
    Imagine, 237km/h, I’d say most people here probably haven’t ever even been in a car going more than about 130/140 (I know I haven’t), throw on another 100km/h and that’s how fast he was gong. All just for a bit of a laugh no doubt, he apparently didn’t use the car in a few months and one of the tyres burst when doing the speed due to lack of maintenance.

Where did you see that he was doing this speed ? Article I read said he was doing 147km an hour which is still to fast but nowhere near the speed your saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

spurshero wrote: »
    Where did you see that he was doing this speed ? Article I read said he was doing 147km an hour which is still to fast but nowhere near the speed your saying

I read in BILD just now that he was doing 237km/h and use the Spanish police as the source. The tire burst and the car flew off the road onto a construction site before catching fire.

They say that the two passengers were his cousins. One died and the other was seriously injured but is alive. Spanish media originally reported all 3 in the car died.

If true it would seem like his fault, or theirs if they egged him on. And no one else is to blame.

But I'd still have sympathy as, for all the messing, they hardly deserved to pay with their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've seen over 120mph mentioned elsewhere. Fairly booting it alright.

Still a sad story.

Edit: actually now a quick google shows the tabloids stating it was 147mph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

spurshero wrote: »

147mph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

147mph = 235kmh

147mph

Ok I get u now . Anyway he was Defo going way to fast and paid the ultimate price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They say he was 100km/h above the speed limit for the road.

Its not so much a 'tragic accident' any more, just a case of reckless and dangerous driving.

• Advertisement

I've been at those kinds of speeds on the Autobahn in a much less capable car and it feels perfectly safe. Scariest thing is still having to get out of others' way.

Listen the man is dead let’s just let him rip .

Advertisement