Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docklands festival

• 01-06-2019 8:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Any reports back?Any other things on daytime Sunday or Monday can’t seem to find any info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

bigpink wrote: »
    Any reports back?Any other things on daytime Sunday or Monday can’t seem to find any info

Right in the heart of Azad Talukdar territory. Not for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Right in the heart of Azad Talukdar territory. Not for you.

Great to see a Muslim elected so long as he plays by the rules and doesn’t become corrupt
    In fact all welcome just respect our country laws culture and customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

bigpink wrote: »
    Great to see a Muslim elected so long as he plays by the rules and doesn’t become corrupt
    In fact all welcome just respect our country laws culture and customs

Corrupt because he is from a different culture or just more corrupt than what is already there???
    This country badly needs change and hopefully this is the start of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Coronas got pushed back by an hour because of wind tonight.

Enjoyed it but was only half full there

killwill wrote: »
    Corrupt because he is from a different culture or just more corrupt than what is already there???
    This country badly needs change and hopefully this is the start of it.

Well I’d say if he ran independent he would have got in but shur he went Fianna Fáil instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

callaway92 wrote: »

Nice surprise that Hermitage Green showed up, if only people had known, it would be full!

Went on the Saturday night and the gig itself was brilliant but the weather was a joke. I know its hard to plan for the weather but there were only two small marquees for smokers and some even took to smoking in the main tent.

Also the queues for the drink were unbelievable! Maybe they should have had a bigger tent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I saw Madness on Friday. Very good gig. I enjoyed it a lot.

With the tent up it’s a pity they didn’t run a free gig today with just local and young bands considering that I hear Dolan’s got a council loan to run it
    All good reports of the gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Mc Love wrote: »
    the weather was a joke.

Outrageous. You should write a letter of complaint to Mick Dolan immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Well done to Dolans , they have been giving limerick people an alternative choice for 25 years when it comes to music , I hope they make it a regular thing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Was at Jenny Greene Saturday night, and had a great time. Best night out I had in ages.
    Got there about 7.30pm, no queue to get in, and only queued for less than 5mins at the bar tent for a drink. I saw later on in the night that the queues looked very long at the bar, so didn't bother queuing again, but luckily spotted that there were staff walking around the marquee with backpacks selling bottles of Rockshore larger and Jameson/coke and vodka/cans. €6 each, buy that's what you'd expect to pay at a festival.
    Portaloos were spotless, security were sound and was great to see all the 'old school ravers' out in force, just having a good time dancing to old school tunes
    Sound was great where we were (up at the front), and the orchestra were unreal.
    Went to Dolans afterwards and the DJ set she played was banging... The vibe in there was deadly.... Felt like Creamfields or Global Gathering 15/20 years ago.
    The only complaint I have is the weather, but nothing can be done about that.
    Well done Dolans, praying this becomes a yearly thing!!

Was at Jenny Greene Saturday night, and had a great time. Best night out I had in ages.
    Got there about 7.30pm, no queue to get in, and only queued for less than 5mins at the bar tent for a drink. I saw later on in the night that the queues looked very long at the bar, so didn't bother queuing again, but luckily spotted that there were staff walking around the marquee with backpacks selling bottles of Rockshore larger and Jameson/coke and vodka/cans. €6 each, buy that's what you'd expect to pay at a festival.
    Portaloos were spotless, security were sound and was great to see all the 'old school ravers' out in force, just having a good time dancing to old school tunes
    Went to Dolans afterwards and the DJ set she played was banging... The vibe in there was deadly.... Felt like Creamfields or Global Gathering 15/20 years ago.

Agree, I wonder will you join me in the suggestion I should write a letter to Mick Dolan about the weather :rolleyes:

Agree, I wonder will you join me in the suggestion I should write a letter to Mick Dolan about the weather :rolleyes:

Why would they? Unlike you, they recognise that nothing could be done about it. :pac:

Why would they? Unlike you, they recognise that nothing could be done about it. :pac:

There you are now assuming something about my post. Jog on Phileas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Oh definitely, a petition is required. Let's write it in red crayon, so they know we're serious...... Lol

Oh definitely, a petition is required. Let's write it in red crayon, so they know we're serious...... Lol

Maybe we could give An Taisce a call :D (I do generally support them though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Suggs witted "I've played in better scrapyards than this and I'm here to steal your hubcaps"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

callaway92 wrote: »

Have we hit peak Coronas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

tototoe wrote: »
    Have we hit peak Coronas?

If there was any justice there would have been no Coronas, let alone a peak.

Dreadful band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Dreadful band.

Exactly. Watery bland sh!te, like most of the current Irish big bands. Kodaline, Picture This, Gavin James etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dreadful band.

Bit harsh.

Have to say, I genuinely would've had no interest in them, but they were pretty good (albeit some songs themselves were drab)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

Madness were great , hadn't ever seen them before , but I think some of the other Irish Madness gigs were a better deal for the same price ! DayTripper in Waterford had Frank and Walters & a ska cover band supporting , Dublin got Lightning Seeds & Something Happens supporting , whereas Limerick just got a relatively unknown young Northern Irish band , Touts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

tototoe wrote: »
    Exactly. Watery bland sh!te, like most of the current Irish big bands. Kodaline, Picture This, Gavin James etc etc.

These are the bands that are popular now in Ireland. Add in James Bay, Tom Walker etc where they make two words out of one when singing. It is watery bland ****e, but I just don't listen to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Hopefully someday they can bring some relevant acts to the city.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Hopefully someday they can bring some relevant acts to the city.

Who would you like to see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Do you want a list like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I'd love to see some proper alternative acts in Limerick, but the crowds won't come. Simple as. You can fill the place with people on the piss for Hermitage Green, Coronas, Gavin James etc. You won't get the likes of Mogwai playing Limerick.
    From time to time, but only the odd time, some decent stuff passes through Dolans, but that's it. Not sure if it's the promoters fault or the general public for not bothering their holes going or looking for different live music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

What was the capacity?

grenadino wrote: »
    I'd love to see some proper alternative acts in Limerick, but the crowds won't come. Simple as. You can fill the place with people on the piss for Hermitage Green, Coronas, Gavin James etc. You won't get the likes of Mogwai playing Limerick.
    From time to time, but only the odd time, some decent stuff passes through Dolans, but that's it. Not sure if it's the promoters fault or the general public for not bothering their holes going or looking for different live music.

Galway and Waterford and of course Cork get better alternative acts
    Was asking someone in the music game said all gigs are offered around to venues and promoters

• Advertisement

Does Limerick need another music venue or allow other promoters to use venues?

Advertisement