Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 2019 - Monday June 3rd

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

awec wrote: »
    The app developer can ask for specific information. Whenever you sign in, the provider (e.g. facebook / twitter / google) is supposed to list for you what information the app has asked for.
    awec wrote: »
    Of course, this means a user is trusting the auth provider to do the right thing.

And we've seen with this Facebook stuff that this isn't always the best idea. Which is where I think Apple are going with this feature, positioning themselves as the social auth provider that users can trust.

Interesting, thanks. I'm clueless about these sign-ins as I always avoid them due to not trusting the companies. I'd trust Apple more, so hopefully this catches on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple are smashing it with this keynote so far. Plowing through the features and I can see a lot of stuff being crossed off people's wish lists so far. The iPad features are making me want that new iPad Pro even more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Being able to shrink the keyboard is cool.

It only took 10 years but the iPad is finally starting to become its own thing. Renaming the OS iPadOS is an important symbolic gesture that shows Apple is committed to making the iPad more than just a big iPod Touch.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mac Pro for people who have more money than they know what to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mac cheese grater

• Advertisement

A Mac Pro with a sensible design. Well done Apple, we knew you could do it. I'm not sure there's a market left for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

That Mac Pro will be expensive but you’ll probably never have to buy another for a decade.

A computer that Apple want you to open up and replace stuff in? Sacrilege! Steve never would have gone for this.

Anybody want to remortgage their house and go half on a new Mac Pro? :P

It’s very impressive but I don’t work for Pixar. So I’ll pass.

Great to see the Mac getting some love though.

• Advertisement

She's a tad annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

peteeeed wrote: »
    She's a tad annoying

That’s being extremely kind

Pro 6 grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The groans for the $1k stand....!!!

Jesus they're shipping the monitor for $5k and the stand is another $1k add-on. Typical Apple.

Good joke about iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

Crazy money.

iDevice syncing through Finder is a much better idea. Original reports said it would still be handled though Apple Music, but the Finder makes more sense, treating it as an external device like a USB.

DubDJ wrote: »
    iDevice syncing through Finder is a much better idea. Original reports said it would still be handled though Apple Music, but the Finder makes more sense, treating it as an external device like a USB.

I wonder how that will work for Windows users...

Activation Lock for Mac... I don't know what a T2 security chip is but I assume my Macbook doesn't have it.

• Advertisement

Activation Lock for Mac... I don't know what a T2 security chip is but I assume my Macbook doesn't have it.
    Only some of the newer devices have this chip. Think it's from the last year or two. Not 100%, but I think the iMac Pro was one of the first to add it.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Only some of the newer devices have this chip. Think it's from the last year or two. Not 100%, but I think the iMac Pro was one of the first to add it.

Yeah, I found a list here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208862

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Those Minecraft guys were very wooden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

The groans for the $1k stand....!!!

Haha.. this was was the most funniest moment.. Hopefully Apple throws in a regular stand with the monitor!

Sure you can buy the stand while you save up for the rest of the computer.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You'd genuinely have to have more money than sense to pay a grand for a stand for a single monitor.

Like these conferences by the big tech companies are always filled with people who'll clap and cheer everything, so when you get a negative reaction to anything it's pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sure you can buy the stand while you save up for the rest of the computer.
    It reminded me of the scene in the snapper when they gave the son a pump for his bike, and said they’d get him a wheel for Christmas and so on...

Swift ui biggest dev news. And catalyst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I found this for AppleTV+

• Advertisement

Best WWDC in a long time. Feature packed, good stuff for normal users and pros. A lot of stuff I wanted to see in iOS, small and big. New activity summary’s in watchOS is something off my wish list. MacOS going to become a lot more powerful with iPad apps.

Looking forward to the next few days when all the smaller details start to drip out, I find some of that does be very interesting and deserves keynote stage time.

Looking forward to September for the releases.

Advertisement