Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations to Katie Taylor!!!

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

bobbyss wrote:
    She is some boxer for a part time boxer. The other boxers she beat to get the belts were not as good as Persoon.
    So what you're saying is that she's free to pick and choose any other boxer until she retires?
    I'm not sure how they'll proceed but it wouldn't surprise me if they moved up to the next weight and tried to attain undisputed two weight world champion.
    Nobody is going to duck her because they'll be getting their best ever payday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

eagle eye wrote:
    I'm not sure how they'll proceed but it wouldn't surprise me if they moved up to the next weight and tried to attain undisputed two weight world champion. Nobody is going to duck her because they'll be getting their best ever payday.

But is Taylor free to choose ANYONE? When you think of it it must be embarrassing to have fought someone so good who is a part-time boxer given the fact that Taylor is a full time pro. Is that even correct? How can professional fighters fight semi professionals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Expect more photo-bombing from lord stepaside at the gig in Bray tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭fire_man

Just saw photos of her in Bray tonight.She is a fine looking woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Whatever about the fight there are few if no other Irish sports stars at the moment that can reduce young kids to tears just to meet them.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1137069450316910592

She is a wonderful ambassador for the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

She still fights like an amateur wearing headgear just looking to land more clean punches than her opponent, but unfortunately, without headgear, and against tougher opponents, she doesn't seem to be able to adapt.

She still gets her punches off, but take heavier shots getting out.

If she can learn to fight more like a pro (she shouldn't have chased the second Olympic gold, and turned pro then), then she will probably go undefeated in her pro career.

Doesn't seem to be able to adapt ???? She's the Undisputed Lightweight Champion Of The World. Let the rest of them adapt to her !!!
    Whatever about the fight there are few if no other Irish sports stars at the moment that can reduce young kids to tears just to meet them.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1137069450316910592

She is a wonderful ambassador for the country.

I've met (and photographed) her on a few occasions now and she's been an absolute star every single time.

One time, at the behest of the promoter /organiser, I had to take a few photos in the dressing room less than an hour before her fight, something I wasn't comfortable with as I know she 'goes into the zone' in that time frame regardless of who she's fighting. She copped that I was about as comfortable about it as she was but she still obliged and was sweet as pie with the group involved.

The effect she's had on womens boxing in this country has been nothing short of phenomenal and we'll be winning European, World and Olympic medals in womens boxing for years to come thanks to her influence.

In my opinion she's right up there towards the top of the pile of this country's sporting legends.

Advertisement