Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing priority bag to check in - Ryanair

• 02-06-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all, we booked two priority with Ryanair, however I want to check in my bag as we did that last time and it was a lot less hassle, my partner booked this trip and just chose priority, Is there any way I can change this from carry on priority to check in, both 10kg bags,

I can't see an option anywhere on the website.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Hi all, we booked two priority with Ryanair, however I want to check in my bag as we did that last time and it was a lot less hassle, my partner booked this trip and just chose priority, Is there any way I can change this from carry on priority to check in, both 10kg bags,

I can't see an option anywhere on the website.

Thanks

I think you will have to add a checked 10kg bag to your booking. You will have effectively paid on the double, but at least you'll be able to board the plane ahead of those who haven't paid for priority boarding.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try the app. I have found the option there before, but not for all flights. Not sure why not. Maybe they have a limit for bags checked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

abff wrote: »
    I think you will have to add a checked 10kg bag to your booking. You will have effectively paid on the double, but at least you'll be able to board the plane ahead of those who haven't paid for priority boarding.

I dont mind paying the extra, it will only be the one bag each way anyway for liquids as himself has decided to carry his own bag on but I cant find the option to check in a bag anywhere

spurious wrote: »
    Try the app. I have found the option there before, but not for all flights. Not sure why not. Maybe they have a limit for bags checked in?

Ive checked the app and online cant see any option to check in a 10kg bag anywhere, now there's an option for a 20kg bag at €40 each way of course :D

Might be able to do it closer to the fly out date which is 21st of June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/baggage/10-kg-check-in-bag

Non-priority customers who wish to bring a second larger wheelie bag (10kg weight) must purchase the 10kg Check-in Bag. Our new bag policy allows customers to check-in their 10kg Check-in Bag at our bag drop desk prior to entering security.

The main benefits of the 10kg Check-in Bag include reduced flight delays and a cheaper checked bag option. Customers can also pack more liquids into a 10kg checked wheelie bag and walk to the boarding gate 'hands free.

You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag at the time of booking or anytime after until 40 minutes prior to your flight departure via the app. Just click “Add to Trip” and follow the steps.

Do you already have Priority and 2 Cabin bags but you’d also like to add a 10kg Check-in bag to your booking? You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag to your booking by contacting our call centre or at the airport check-in desk for £/€20.

The pricing for the 10kg Check-in Bag costs between €/£10 to 12€/£. Please be advised once purchased this product is non-refundable.

Non-priority customers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 10kg wheelie bag at the airport bag drop desk for €/£20 or €/£25 at the boarding gate.

You could try Ryanair Chat and see if they can let you swap from taking your bag on board to checking it in

• Advertisement

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/baggage/10-kg-check-in-bag

Non-priority customers who wish to bring a second larger wheelie bag (10kg weight) must purchase the 10kg Check-in Bag. Our new bag policy allows customers to check-in their 10kg Check-in Bag at our bag drop desk prior to entering security.

The main benefits of the 10kg Check-in Bag include reduced flight delays and a cheaper checked bag option. Customers can also pack more liquids into a 10kg checked wheelie bag and walk to the boarding gate 'hands free.

You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag at the time of booking or anytime after until 40 minutes prior to your flight departure via the app. Just click “Add to Trip” and follow the steps.

Do you already have Priority and 2 Cabin bags but you’d also like to add a 10kg Check-in bag to your booking? You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag to your booking by contacting our call centre or at the airport check-in desk for £/€20.

The pricing for the 10kg Check-in Bag costs between €/£10 to 12€/£. Please be advised once purchased this product is non-refundable.

Non-priority customers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 10kg wheelie bag at the airport bag drop desk for €/£20 or €/£25 at the boarding gate.

You could try Ryanair Chat and see if they can let you swap from taking your bag on board to checking it in

Thanks, Yeah Ive seen all that, its just that there's no option online or in app to purchase the check in bag, apart from a 20kg one. Ill try the chatline tomorrow when they open, they have every other option under the sun to purchase things except the one I'm looking for :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Thanks, Yeah Ive seen all that, its just that there's no option online or in app to purchase the check in bag, apart from a 20kg one. Ill try the chatline tomorrow when they open, they have every other option under the sun to purchase things except the one I'm looking for :D:D

I think it’s because you’ve already bought the two bag option you no longer have the option to buy a checked 10kg as it says:

‘Do you already have Priority and 2 Cabin bags but you’d also like to add a 10kg Check-in bag to your booking?

You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag to your booking by contacting our call centre or at the airport check-in desk for £/€20’

I think it’s because you’ve already bought the two bag option you no longer have the option to buy a checked 10kg as it says:

‘Do you already have Priority and 2 Cabin bags but you’d also like to add a 10kg Check-in bag to your booking?

You can add the 10kg Check-in Bag to your booking by contacting our call centre or at the airport check-in desk for £/€20’

Yeah you're right, Ill try the call centre to see, if I can get through to them :rolleyes:, I probably will just end up having to carry it on and learn from this in the future ;)

Seems like I have my answer, hopefully anyway, will try when I check in if all else fails Ill carry on the bag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just to mention, the priority queue these days is HUGE! Non priority queue is tiny by comparison, i.e. those who have checked bags or are only bringing the small bag for under the seat.

We had to check in recently (booked to late to get priority) and it was a doddle either end. Will do this in future. No hassle of trying to find a spot in the overheads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

We had to check in recently (booked to late to get priority) and it was a doddle either end. Will do this in future. No hassle of trying to find a spot in the overheads.

But you do have the wait on the other end. Was booking a flight to Edinburgh last week and about to opt for non priority but had a flashback to two recent flights to Edinburgh with another airline where I checked my bag, first wait 30 minutes, second time 50 minutes. Never again

Advertisement