Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any MP3 Player that records voice, plays OGG files, etc?

Options
  • 02-06-2019 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Anyone know of an MP3 player that can:

* record voice
    * has loudspeaker (use with/without earphones)
    * can play OGG files as well

I don't mind getting an old one on the likes of eBay, etc.

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Even just the ability to play OGG would be great. A voice recorder feature would be a bonus.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

An android phone, does all that.
    The app 'VLC for android' will play Ogg files.
    It will record voice, through the on board mic or if you want higher quality, you can get an external plug in one.
    The loudspeaker quality will depend on the phone, some are much better than others. Also a Bluetooth speaker can be gotten cheaply.
    You don't need a sim card in it, for the phone to work as an mp3 player.

An android phone, does all that.
    The app 'VLC for android' will play Ogg files.
    It will record voice, through the on board mic or if you want higher quality, you can get an external plug in one.
    The loudspeaker quality will depend on the phone, some are much better than others. Also a Bluetooth speaker can be gotten cheaply.
    You don't need a sim card in it, for the phone to work as an mp3 player.

Hi wextext. I know that. I dislike google. I've an old Android smartphone and the next phone will not be with them (or apple). VLC is ace alright - plays pretty much anything you throw at it - I've used it for years on my GNU/Linux aka Linux OS. I'm looking for a device that's main duty is only ogg playback + voice recording.

This on amazon seems to have everything you want.

This on amazon seems to have everything you want.

Cheers wextext, that's certainly an option - although I may go the eBay route. It even plays FLAC. :-)

• Advertisement

Any more options?

Advertisement